Pork chops

Sarahskendal
Sarahskendal Posts: 1 Member
Does anyone have a healthy pork chop recipe?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I marinate in whatever I feel like that day and grill on a countertop Foreman grill while nuking some veggies and making a salad. Last time I used a rosemary/lemon marinade. Sometimes I use something more asian.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Gently cook with a lot of onion, slices of cooking apple and some sage - season and add a bit of yoghurt when it has all cooked down...
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Season with salt & pepper
    Sear in a pan with a little oil or PAM spray
    Remove chops, add an onion and diced jalapenos. Cook until soft, add a few cloves of garlic and 2 Tablespoons of tomato paste. Stir until vegetables are coated in tomato paste and slightly caramelized.
    Add a little chicken broth and the seared porkchops. Cover the pan and simmer until the chops are up to temp - add more broth (or water) if it all evaporates to prevent burning or sticking. The sauce is quite thick (almost a paste) and really coats the pork chops.

I usually eat this with corn on the cob and rice, and I add extra cayenne if my jalapenos are lacking heat (it's a summer dish for me because I always have a lot of jalapenos and hot peppers to use). If you don't like heat, try it with poblano peppers instead.
  • Fitkam90
    Fitkam90 Posts: 360 Member
    Season it to your liking, add whatever sauce you like. Turn the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours. Or on high for 3-4 hours. You'll have some delicious shredded pork for bbq sandwiches or tacos or by itself. Super easy!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    salt and pepper, olive oil, couple of pieces of garlic, fresh lemon juice.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Take pork chop, add seasonings, place on grill. When flame side is browned, turn and cook until to temp.

Pretty much what I do...
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Take pork chop, add seasonings, place on grill. When flame side is browned, turn and cook until to temp.

If you don't have a grill, buy a "grill pan" for the stove top - I use mine at least 3x a week.

Also, I really like McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning on Pork Chops. Just had these last night - YUMMY!

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    I like to put my pork chops in a brine in the morning then grill them for dinner. They come out so juicy and tender. And center cut smoked pork chops taste like big slab of ham. Yum.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    While cooking, add sliced fruit and veggies beside them, turn and cook to your liking, serve with pork chops.

• bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    I put a couple of chops in an oven bag and tip in a can of crushed pineapple in juice then either leave in the crock pot or bake in the oven.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    We have a sousvide machine. My hubby vacuum packs lean pork steaks with jerk spices and the freezes them. When we want one we take it out and sousvide - this also works for chicken and salmon and steaks which we then finish on the pan by quick searing. The result is very moist and delicious, the machine cost £160 but is very cheap on electricity. The bags we get are reusable. Hubby loves duck eggs this way but I hate them!
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    I make pork chops or sliced boneless loin pretty often because it is so quick and easy.
    Heat a pan (stainless steel or cast iron?) to something like med. to medium-high. Hand should feel heat an inch or so above the pan.
    Add a little oil.
    At the first whiff of smoke lay in the meat which cools down the pan a little bit.
    Don't touch the meat for while. It will stick, turn golden brown and delicious on the bottom then release itself. If you monkey with it while this is going, on the deliciousness sticks to the pan instead of the chop.
    Half inch thick might be ready to turn after 3 or 4 minutes.
    Second side should be done in 2 or 3 minutes.
    Deglaze with wine, beer, apple juice, cider vinegar, apple sauce, or nearly any other liquid(ish) thing what strikes your fancy for a pan sauce. Strong spirits will ignite though; not a bad thing necessarily. Deglaze with water as a favor to the dishwasher in the family.

I should apologize to the original poster. This isn't really a recipe, more of a technique I guess. It won't be new to a lot of people but maybe helpful to a few. Same drill works for chicken cutlets fish filets, or beef steaks.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    not especially healthy, but i love the basic 'breaded' version so much i never do anything else with lean pork. the 'breading' is about equal volumes of crushed cornflakes and parmesan cheese, plus a TON of oregano.

and then all the fresh-squeezed lemon juice you can get.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    edited December 2017
    Had two small boneless chops for dinner. Made a pan sauce off heat from equal parts (about 1 1/2 Tbsp) middle eastern yogurt and pico de gallo (tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice). Middle eastern yogurt is like greek yogurt but a little thicker and cheesier(?). Thought it was good enough to be worth a mention in this thread.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,301 Member
    One of our sons is a wonderful cook, I made this last night & it's delicious. I bought a pork shoulder roast but you can do it with pork chops also: make a rub of: 2 parts brown sugar to one part-koser salt(if using other type of salt decrees it to half amount)smoky paprika, garlic powder, onion powder(or cut onion in half & lay half on each side or pork in pan). mix it up, pour over pork. sprinkle 2 Tbl sage. Pour 1/2 C of apple cider vinegar in pan, add enough water or wine to come up to almost half the pork. You may add a little liquid smoke if you like. cover pan completely or use a dutch oven. Heat oven up to 450 degress, then decrease to 300 & put in pork. cook for 2 hours, turn pork without letting it break apart-you don't want the juice to get inside-then adjust temp to 350, reseal pan & cook another 2hrs or until meat comes away from the bone. If you're doing pork chops this way, it should be done after 2hrs then you can put it under broiler to brown it. If you WANT, after all is done you can put it on grill with wood chips. REALLY delicious. Doing it this way brines it as it cooks
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Its nothing special, but I usually just pan fry them with a small amount of olive oil, salt, pepper and Tone's Rosemary Garlic seasoning blend.

Sherry Apple Pork Chops are also delicious, but they're probably not the healthiest because of the brown sugar.
  • Michie112g
    Michie112g Posts: 49 Member
    Dijon Mustard and honey wrap it up in aluminum (bake or bbq)

Hummus (bake)
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    I grill them sometimes with Teriyaki sauce and serve with plain rice noodles and some steamed brocolli.