what ever happened to FIT TV?

Options
Remember FIT TV? The channel that played exercise programs 24 hours a day? Discovery bought them and changed the name to Discovery Fit & Health. They now play shows like Oprah. How is that fit or healthy? An acquaintance has created a group on Facebook in an effort to return it to it's previous state. If you have a facebook account, join the group! You can find it at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/248330118538187/265566016814597/?notif_t=group_activity

Every person joined helps us tell Discovery we want our old format back. I miss my daily yoga program :(

Replies

• isletri
    isletri Posts: 18
    Options
    i loved fit tv :(
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    They changed Fit TV? I use to have it with my package with satellite, but not anymore. Oprah has her own network The Own channel. They should have left Fit TV alone.
  • Mingyming
    Options
    I know right!!!!!
  • ashleighjoy2007
    ashleighjoy2007 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've been searching my guide for FIT TV, I thought I mustve forgot what channel it was on. Didn't realize it was gone =[
  • isherryb
    isherryb Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bummer
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    oprah took over the network... it is Own now i hate that i loved it also.
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing i always tried do the yoga lol
  • AZackery
    Options
    oprah took over the network... it is Own now i hate that i loved it also.

I thought that Oprah took over the Discovery Health Channel. Fit TV and The Discovery Health channel weren't the same.
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I know...they said Oprah's station is struggling...you would think she would put it back! Discovery Health disappeared along with Fit TV. She should try fitness and health...someone might watch her station!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Discovery Health is gone too due to OWN. Grr...:grumble:

Fit TV and Discovery Health merged into Discovery Fit and Health.

Look for "DFH" in your guide's channel listings.. Mine is all the way up at 181 now.
  • alwayssummer
    Options
    I loved the yoga too!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    If you have Time Warner Cable (I know not everyone does, but they are in a lot of different areas in the U.S.) - well if you have the digital cable and have access to 'on demand' features, they have a channel that is called something like Exercise On Demand or Sports and Fitness On Demand or something along those lines, where you can access a bunch of different workouts whenever you want. Some are very basic but I'm still a beginner so it works for me. They usually have a couple of Jillian Micheals choices too. Some other cable and satellite services might offer similar channels, IDK.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I know...they said Oprah's station is struggling...you would think she would put it back! Discovery Health disappeared along with Fit TV. She should try fitness and health...someone might watch her station!
    thats because theres never anything good on OWN. The only decent, interesting show they ever had was Our America, with Lisa Ling. But they havent even made a new episode of that in probably a year.
  • AZackery
    Options
    My satellite package doesn't offer Fit TV, well it's it called DFH now, like someone said. I've checked the channel and seen DFH.

Some cable companies off Exercise TV On Demand. If you don't have it, you can always check out their free workouts online. They have 143 free workouts. I have found some of their workouts at the Dollar Tree. I found one at Marshall and I found some on Amazon. The first set I have bought only showed 30 minutes of the full workout dvd, which is 70 minutes. They have some really good workouts. I'm not use to watching workouts from my computer, but a couple of weeks ago, I've watched a workout from my computer.

http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/all/?videotype=free-full-length
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I loved fit TV...it got me hooked on strength training with Cathe. DFH is a joke...nothing to do with fitness at all. I wish Oprah kept her hands off it! :sad:
  • Kahud48
    Kahud48 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oprah had to advance her Liberal view on the rest of us, so she did. with OWN!
    I stopped watching the day she took the channel over!