Best Tasting Natural Protein Powders

Options
Looking to get a new one as I have been using the "Naturally Flavored" Optimum Nutrition one for years. Looking to see if there is another one that i dont know about.

I want one with the least amount of chemicals in it. And of course best tasting. Any recommendations?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of proteins just flavoured with cacao or vanilla. Not sure what you mean by chemicals.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of proteins just flavoured with cacao or vanilla. Not sure what you mean by chemicals.

i mean the one with the least amount of adding stuff.
  • berwick13
    berwick13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like Genuine Health Protein Greens plus. Filling and versatile.
  • luckywizard
    luckywizard Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like Tera's Whey in bourbon vanilla and dark chocolate though the vanilla mixes better. Neither will mix as well as ON, but I do two scoops in a mason jar with milk and shake the crap out of it.

It is whey from pastured, grass-fed dairy cows.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Taste is subjective, nobody can answer that for you.

You can look up brands online and many offer free samples by mail.
    Or you can go to the store, look at the brands available and compare ingredients. Try out one that is interesting to you and see if that is better than the brand you use now.
  • luckywizard
    luckywizard Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Taste is subjective, nobody can answer that for you.

You can look up brands online and many offer free samples by mail.
    Or you can go to the store, look at the brands available and compare ingredients. Try out one that is interesting to you and see if that is better than the brand you use now.

That's a good point. I know a lot of whey manufacturers have sample packets including Tera's Whey, so maybe look for those? If you live near a Whole Foods or an organic grocer they probably have them.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I like GNC 100% natural whey chocolate
  • alyrie
    alyrie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been using this paleo protein powder for about a month. If you're near a whole foods, they sell individual packets to try out. I like the chocolate and vanilla. It doesn't mix as well as a whey protein powder, but it's thick like a milkshake. I'm sensitive to whey so this is a good one for me.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites:

ancient-nutrition.jpg?t=1462476676

41yi9dO9S8L.jpg
    certified-grass-fed-whey-GL-vanilla-23oz-1.jpg

71G9Ki4s6QL._SL1476_.jpg
    960e5b18-d591-4cb6-8a2c-9eeafdfa815a.jpg._CB522780987__SR150,300_.jpg

• bweath2
    bweath2 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I like the Bodystrong Natural Whey because it's sweetened with stevia. But they have an unflavored one too if that's what your after. I get it online at allstarhealth.com