Need cardio DVD recommendations

Options
Hello! I'm new to MFP and am determined to lose these extra pounds! I'm looking for a good cardio workout on DVD, any suggestions out there? I'm about 214 lbs and haven't really worked out since I had my son who will be three in September :embarassed: So, I'll need something that works with me and progressively gets harder or has different levels of difficulty.
I have some free weights and a balance ball too, if there is anything that incorporates that.

Thanks so much!

Replies

• gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I've got a Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD that I use.
  • brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser Bootcamp dvd is a good jumping point...then maybe onto something else after you can do that well! Welcome btw!! I have a 3yr DD and a nearly 2yr old DS!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    If you like Jillian Michaels she has several good dvds... 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, No More Trouble Zones, etc and they are cheap at Walmart or off of Amazon. The programs are 20-30 minute daily workouts that have you do strength, cardio, and abs. There are different levels that progressively get more difficult as you go.

If you are wanting something more intense there is Insanity, TurboFire, TurboJam, ChaLEAN Extreme. etc
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Zumba! Also the Walk at Home CD's are pretty good...
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    As someone who likes to switch it up, I am glad to be done with JM 30 Day Shred....I did Cruch: Cardio Resculpt off Netflix and love it!! 45 minutes split into upper and lower body using cardio and weights.....using HRM I am burning 400 plus calories!
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walking DVD's are very good and easy to follow. There are several different ones to try ranging in 1-5 miles that you can do right in your living room! It's a good way to start out exercising if you haven't done it in a while. Jillian Michaels has a variety of ones and I'm currently doing the 30 day shred which is hard!!
  • timeforachange2011
    Options
    I LOVE the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD and Biggest Loser yoga! :)
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire. TJ is a little easier so a good place to start, but Chalene is great at motivating you and keeping it real.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walking DVD's are very good and easy to follow. There are several different ones to try ranging in 1-5 miles that you can do right in your living room! It's a good way to start out exercising if you haven't done it in a while. Jillian Michaels has a variety of ones and I'm currently doing the 30 day shred which is hard!!

I echo this I love Leslie Sansones dvd's and I do them as part ofmy weekly rotation. I also do Jillian's work outs which are tough going, so I'd say start out woith leslie and work your way up from there. Good luck!
  • weemsr
    weemsr Posts: 8
    Options
    INSANITY...that program will kick your butt! :)
  • kck21886
    kck21886 Posts: 19
    Options
    Turbo Fire! I just started month 3 and so far I have lost 15 pounds and about 17 inches total from my body! :smile:
  • Andrea_Reid
    Options
    Good ol Tae Bo. Burns mega calories and it fun...
  • starpi22
    starpi22 Posts: 74
    Options
    Thanks for all the great recommendations! I think maybe I will join Netflix and try different ones because I get bored easily.
  • Mamalee0510
    Options
    Turbo jam cardio mix #1, lost 11 pounds since I started with MFP and last night I record that I stepped over 5000 steps doing the DVD. that's half of what's recommended of your daily routine......good luck to you!
  • espmark79
    Options
    Biggest Loser Cardio Max is good and Leslie Sansone Walk Slim: Fast and Firm 4 Really Big Miles are good Dvds.I tend to switch off on them cause i get bored seeing one of them to much.