zumba?

Options
i have bought the dvd set and waiting for it to arrive has any had any great succes with this excerise? i am needing to lose my last 25lbs and really wanting to know if this will help out i hear alot of great things. so i wanna know is how much inches you have lost and also pounds i will be truely greatful thanks!!

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have had great success with the Zumba DVDs. The weight just fell off without ever "dieting". I still drink in the evenings and on weekends, and still eat as much as before, though I have made an effort to keep it healthy most of the time (less eating out, less pizza ordered in).
  • MrsBrit2007
    Options
    All the weight that I've lost so far has been from changing my diet and doing Zumba. I LOVE Zumba! It's so fun to do and it's a great workout!
  • linzlay
    linzlay Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the whole zumba dvd set and I do zumba 2 nights a week at a local place. It is so much fun you will not even feel like your working out and the weight sheds right off!
  • evaggelia67
    Options
    I highly recommend the Zumba. I too have lost 65 lbs just from zumba and little changes to my diet. LOVE ZUMBA!!!
  • sillywitch
    sillywitch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In entering Zumba into your daily totals, what do you guys choose? It doesn't seem to be in the database.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    In entering Zumba into your daily totals, what do you guys choose? It doesn't seem to be in the database.

I've always entered it as aerobic - high impact. There is a site that will guesstimate them for you (www.zumbacalories.com I think) But I've lost at about the rate MFP thinks I should so I think high impact aerobic is pretty close for me.
  • sillywitch
    sillywitch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've done a couple of the workout from the Zumba Total Body Transformation DVD set. They are KILLERS! I love the great workout, and if it is this exhausting now, imagine when I can actually do all the steps! :)
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I attribute a large part of my success to Zumba. I've been attending several classes a week for over a year now. It's incredibly fun and a killer workout!

Any exercise that makes you want to be more fit, just so you can be better at it is a winner in my book!
  • kvaldez95
    Options
    o wow i really cant wait to get started seems like a really fun excersise!!!