Sugar is killing my groove!

Options
So I joined my fitness pal about a month ago and it has so far been a very eye opening experience! I am so ready to lose weight, but more importantly ready to be healthy! So lets cut to the chase...

Im doing pretty good overall with everything but SUGAR! Everyday I am going over my limit. Anyone have any tips on how not to eat totally sugar free but maintain the limit? Im absolutely at a loss! If i dont go over sugar its carbs. Im so frustrated! Thanks!

Replies

• chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    From what I've heard...most people go over on sugar and hide it from their diary. :)
    My advice is to stay away from processed sugars and if you have fruit or whatever, don't stress over it.
    You'll find a few differences of opinion about this subject.
    Good luck!
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Going over in sugar is very easy: one banana and an apple put you over for the day. I try and limited the sugar in processed foods and don't worry too much about the naturally occurring sugar in fruits and vegetables.
  • Elysian13
    Options
    I eat a lot of veggies and fruits...I always go over my limit, but I don't stress! I would worry about the processed sugars!
  • sabulla
    sabulla Posts: 58
    Options
    I'm no pro. But before me joining MFP, I've always been sugar person. Everything I ate had bad sugars in it. So I have doubled up on my protein and fiber intake. That really has made my body stop craving and me stop eating foods that are not good for me. Like for instance, I don't eat any more white bread, just wheat. I've been eating this cereal for a snack, Kellogg's All Bran Buds. I've been eating blueberries and raspberries along w/whatever kind of meat I find to eat.
  • BohemianDestiny
    BohemianDestiny Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the people who've posted--avoid processed ones if you can, and otherwise don;t stress about it. ^^ I go over too. Mine is about 50% of each though, so I do try to watch it. Good luck!
  • BrngSxyBck
    Options
    thank you for all your posts! Most of my sugar does come from fruit most days. What about yogurt though? Would that be considered a "bad" sugar?
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Yes, unless the yogurt is all natural.