post-pregnancy body?

Options
So having a baby does a number on the body. Any success stories out there of getting back to a pre-pregnancy body? I am basically at my pre-pg weight, but stuff DEFINITELY does not fit the way it once did, and this is just so discouraging. Today I put on jeans that fit easily before I was pregnant and they were so tight; even though I'm having success with weight loss, it was just so deflating to try to squeeze into them. I am lifting weights, doing lots of lunges, etc., but I am feeling like I might have to accept wider hips and stomach pooch. (My son was 9 lb, 13 oz and by the end -- 8 days overdue -- I was huge.) I was almost 39 when I had him, and so I also feel like my skin might just be permanently stretched out. Sigh...Anyways, he is 16 months now and I am unsure where to place my expectations on how I can change my body. Any personal insight or experience would be appreciated!

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I have two children, and I think I look even better than before I got pregnant (although I did gain some stretch marks, cellulite and loose skin - meh, I still rock it though!). It will take time, patience and consistency but you can do this. You won't fit into your jeans overnight, in the meantime, buy a new pair that fits you now. Don't pressure yourself too much.

It sounds like you are on the right track... just keep doing what you are doing... the lifting which is awesome and sticking to your deficit will be key!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I have one child. I'm 9 months post partum, I want to get back down to the weight I was when I graduated, which was about 3 or 4 years ago but anyways I'm 5'4 I started off at 158 now I'm actually lighter than pre pregnancy but my clothes don't fit the same it's honestly so depressing. I'm 138 now before pregnancy I was I think 143 and when I graduated I was like 125. Which is my goal weight but I mean I lost 20 pounds but nothing has changed on my body! I still have a gut, still have big hips and big thighs. It's so deterring. I want to give up for the fact that I've worked so hard and I lost but it isn't noticeable.
  • needmyjeans
    needmyjeans Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 7 weeks postpartum and totally understand. I am trying to get motivated to exercise but it’s difficult. I love to sleep!!! My baby still wakes up throughout the night so my “morning gym time” has turned into “make up sleep time.” I want to get back in the habit of working out but it’s hard. My total weight was 205 and now it’s 187. So I’m losing the weight but I definitely want to tone it up. Maybe we can motivate each other to exercise and stay focused. Feel free to add me
  • kezzakim
    kezzakim Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had baby no8 12 months ago, I am now feeling like I'm ready to start working out heavy again, I've gained weight and tbh not made any real effort to lose it, now it's time to eat better and start lifting heavy stuff! X