Mum of 3, 41 years old with about 40kg (88 pounds) to lose

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Amanda. I'm 5'4", 41 Years old and Mum to 3 great kids. When I succeed in my weight loss goals, I will not have been that weight since my early teens! I have been walking for a minimum of 20km a week for 6 weeks, and haven't lost anything -so it's time to address my diet! I want to combine calorie deficit with a 16:8 fasting plan. Having recently got a Mirena to address low iron issues, I do find the increase in appetite quite problematic. It's the most recent attempt to make lasting changes, so here goes!

Replies

• artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hey! We can do this together!
  • smacmt
    smacmt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm 41 also and got Mirena for very heavy frequent cycles on May 11. I'm a mother of 2. By July 19, I was about 10 lbs heavier. Still have the Mirena and hasn't helped me by the way! I spoke to my doctor who said she didn't think weight gain was coming from Mirena. So I found this app and lost 15 lbs! Stick to it, and you will be successful. Good luck on your journey!!!
  • schtump
    schtump Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm not a woman, but I am 41 and trying to lose wait and use walking as my main source of exercise. Add me and we can commiserate.
  • AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom of two (3 and 6 weeks) and I am also 5'4. I have around 73-95 lbs to lose and am currently doing 16:8 as well! I have lost 117 lbs total so far using MFP :) We can do this! Feel free to add me if you'd like :)