Loose skin that's still full of fat?

Options
Hi! I'm Rebma.
I'm 27 current weight 161 and I've lost nearly 150 pounds since I started tracking a little over two years ago.

I'm 5'8.5" and find myself holding onto my weight in my tummy area.

While it is considerably less full than it was at the start I find my loose tummy skin to still be full of fat.

You see on pictures and video of similar weight loss stories where the skin is loose and there doesn't seem to be very full at all compared to mine which still distends and is still dimpled and like a lovehandle and not like an overstretched piece of skin.

I was wanting to see if anyone else has had this happen with them on their journey?

I don't regret the Weight loss for a second but it is frustrating to see collar bones and sculpted legs and still be carrying around a front butt.

I go to the gym three times a week at a minimum, do an exercise bike whenever I'm sat on the couch, & do a minimum of two circuits a day on the 7fit for reference to my fitness regime.

Replies

• DarkWaffleLord
    DarkWaffleLord Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I recommend adding some P90x ab ripper (you can find instructional videos online for free) to your workout. Start out doing what you can, and then add to that as you progress. 3-4 weeks into the full workout and you will start to notice the difference. Out of all the ab workouts I tried over the years, that one really toned my core.
  • Berkgal33
    Berkgal33 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    KUDOS on your weight loss!! I have that issue as well but I call it my fat apron! I've lost 100 pounds, and have loose skin on my thighs, upper arms, the girls are now saggy and droopy BUT I am 50 years old. I would rather have the apron, than be obese again, so I dress to camouflage it. You are young, but will still probably have a little bit of loose skin after losing the belly. I had to give up most breads, pasta, rice, potatoe, etc to lose what I did. Good luck!

• TheSunAndTheRainfall
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    Be proud of your results! They are amazing! Don't "but this one thing" yourself out of appreciating all that you've accomplished.

Word.

Very well done for what you've accomplished!

• bigjonb4116
    bigjonb4116 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    hi Rebma, big congratulations on what you have achieved so far.
    i too have lost 150lbs, but still have 100lbs to go.... most of my weight has gone from my shoulders, back and bum, and inner thighs, and although it is also going from my stomach, i still have lots in my stomach area, and quite a large 'apron', but it is definately thinning out.
    i have started doing a 10min aerobic exercise every evening and a 10 min stand ab exercise every evening,( i'm still 22st so find the standing ones easier) as well as walking every day.(youtube vids- HASfit. large selection of videos). i also have a cross trainer and multigym. so do a combination of different things every day.
    just try to keep moving and it will come of eventually!!!
    i'm 19 months into this weightloss journey and figured at the beginning that it would take about 3 yrs to reach my goal, so i'm sure if you carry on with what you are doing you will see small inprovements everyday.
    As so many people on MFP say, you need to trust in the process.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    75# down and at 143 I still have loose flab on my belly, upper arms and thighs. My plan, keep going!
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    All my extra weight was on my belly and hips. If this was your biggest area then it will take the longest to show results. Weight will come off pretty much equally all over, so the area with most fat will be the last to empty out those fat cells.