Looking to lose 100+ pounds

Options
Hey there! I'm kinda new. I've had the app for a while but don't use it much. Little back story. I had my first baby in October of 2016. My weight at the beginning of pregnancy was 209 pounds. The day I gave birth I was only 225 pounds. I gained 16 pounds the whole pregnancy. But I was walking every single day. I knew I wasn't in the best of shape to have a baby so I tried my best. 3 weeks after giving birth I was down to 185. That was the smallest I had been in years!! Now 11 months later I am up to 261 (recorded on Monday 9/18) No mater what I eat, how much I walk, how much or how little water I consume, the weight just keeps packing on. So my Dr prescribed Phentermine 37.5 mg. Now on Wednesday (9/20) I am down 7 pounds (254 pounds) I know that that is all water weight but at least it's coming down. I've really been watching what I eat and focusing on portion control. Taking the baby and puppies on walks almost every night. It has gotten to the point where I am ashamed to stand next to my incredibly fit and attractive fiancé. So I am taking action. Once I get my endurance up, I will start going to the gym with him. I know this will take some time but I am willing to work on it. But I think I need a partner to keep me motivated other than my fiancé. I need a weight loss partner! Haha but seriously, if anyone wants to team up and help each other lose this weight, I'm all for it!

Replies

• kellianncan
    kellianncan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to team up with you. I've never done this before, so pretty much in the same boat as you. I'm 30 and starting this at 245 pounds. I haven't had kids, but we are wanting to start in the next year or so. I've been exercising with a trainer doing HIIT workouts for a year, and over the summer due to travel and work, that just stopped. Even while I was consistent, I was gaining muscle mass, but not really seeing the LBS go down. My Dr prescriped Phentermine 37.5 1 week ago (as well as a light dose Rx for under active thyroid- hoping that will boost it up). She said it would really help the getting pregnant and being comfortable while pregnant if I lose 10% of my body weight (at least).

I've gotten back on My Fitness Pal to help log food, since my eating habits have to change to help the Phentermine work... and that means a lot more cooking and eating at home! :# I've definitely been weighing myself more to see if there's a change yet, and there's been a few days where I'm down 5lbs, but if I ate out that day, that night, I'm borderline where I started. I realized a couple of days ago I should be drinking a TON more water than I did the first few days on it, so I'm upping that intake.

How has being on Phentermine been for you? How much water are you drinking each day? This is my first time with it (or anything like it), so I'm super curious about it. That's how I found your post. :)
  • calvertkaitlyn1013
    Options
    Hi! I would love to team up with you. I've never done this before, so pretty much in the same boat as you. I'm 30 and starting this at 245 pounds. I haven't had kids, but we are wanting to start in the next year or so. I've been exercising with a trainer doing HIIT workouts for a year, and over the summer due to travel and work, that just stopped. Even while I was consistent, I was gaining muscle mass, but not really seeing the LBS go down. My Dr prescriped Phentermine 37.5 1 week ago (as well as a light dose Rx for under active thyroid- hoping that will boost it up). She said it would really help the getting pregnant and being comfortable while pregnant if I lose 10% of my body weight (at least).

I've gotten back on My Fitness Pal to help log food, since my eating habits have to change to help the Phentermine work... and that means a lot more cooking and eating at home! :# I've definitely been weighing myself more to see if there's a change yet, and there's been a few days where I'm down 5lbs, but if I ate out that day, that night, I'm borderline where I started. I realized a couple of days ago I should be drinking a TON more water than I did the first few days on it, so I'm upping that intake.

How has being on Phentermine been for you? How much water are you drinking each day? This is my first time with it (or anything like it), so I'm super curious about it. That's how I found your post. :)

Honestly I am not a water drinker! Never really have been! But Phentermine dries your mouth out so much! Today is day three on it and it's the first day I have seen any side effects! It's only 10:30AM and I'm already down 2 bottles of water in just 3 hours which is a lot for me! Before I wouldn't even drink a whole bottle in a day! I kind of got that jittery feeling but it's not bad, just like I chugged a cup of coffee!

Feel free to add me so we can help each other meet our goals!
    I could always use the extra support and I feel like we would be great partners!!
  • calvertkaitlyn1013
    Options
    @kellianncan I sent you a friend request!
  • mzyb
    mzyb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think I could use the motivation of you ladies, but I don't know how to send a friend request. I just signed up today. Could someone give me some guidance please. :)
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Mzyb- to add someone. Click on their picture. And then their next picture. And you will see how to add someone (little thing in the bottom right)
  • jord232002
    jord232002 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just went on Phentermine today. Went from 148 to 178 from July 2016 to September 2017 - which is ALOT of gain! - and I attribute most of that to being on Effexor XR for that timeframe. I LOVE working out (do Beachbody programs on the regular) and I FEEL better eating an 80/20 lifestyle so the weight gain is confusing to me.

Dr. said to take 1/2 a 37.5 mg tablet daily. So far today I've chugged 3 Shakeology cups of water and it's only my first day of taking the pill!! Haven't had any appetite yet, I pretty much forced a shake for lunch and ate 1/2 of last night's leftovers.

I'm EXCITED to share the phentermine journey with someone - hope you're interested in keeping posted on your progress and keeping me accountable for mine!
  • calvertkaitlyn1013
    Options
    @jord232002 Awesome! Good luck!! Feel free to add me and we can keep each other updated!
  • AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have 73-95 lbs still to lose. I have a 3 year old and now a 6 week old baby. I gained SO much weight this pregnancy and unlike with my first, i didn't drop it all super fast. I'm 243 right now, I've used MFP before and been successful but I never did the social aspect and I think it will be great motivation!
  • oreo_cookies_1992
    Options
    I'm always looking for friends :) I'm pretty new here but enjoying it a lot so far. It's cool to see others diary's and random status updates.
    I'm looking to lose baby weight as well! Add me if you'd like.
  • mike_qiez
    mike_qiez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lets make it happen!!
  • lauhil
    lauhil Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me