What's your HEALTHIEST snack you prep⁉️

Options
jjreverse
jjreverse Posts: 16 Member
edited September 2017 in Food and Nutrition
BROCCOLI BALLS are mine. They are vegan and contain 50% Carbs, 30% Protein, 20% Fat. Check out my diary for the ingredients and details. What's your healthiest snack?!

Replies

• maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I am not great at prepping snacks. I really like to just grab and eat. How long do those stay good for? And do they taste good?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    Define "healthy".
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Broccoli causes me gut issues, so your balls aren't healthy at all... for me.

One food/meal/snack can't be the "healthiest" without being in context of a whole diet imo.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No snacks at all is my healthiest snacks. Sticking to regular, planned, delicious and balanced meals, makes me feel healthy, and I enjoy greatly eating this way.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Eating veg straight from garden... I prepared the soil...
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    It's not a snack if I have to prep it.
  • EmmmyK
    EmmmyK Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Homemade hummus, and veggies or a soft boiled egg
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Apples!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Boiled chicken
  • jjreverse
    Options
    I am not great at prepping snacks. I really like to just grab and eat. How long do those stay good for? And do they taste good?

I bake them then let them fully dry by turning off the oven, and letting them sit in the residual heat for a few hours. So the last batch lasted about 10 days in a container, and I'm still alive to tell about it.
  • jjreverse
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Define "healthy".

lol that's for you to decide.
    My take on "healthy" is well-balanced with fiber and macros, plant-based, and nothing artificial.
  • jjreverse
    Options

One food/meal/snack can't be the "healthiest" without being in context of a whole diet imo.

Just a convo starter. But basically asking, out if all of your snacks that you prep yourself, what do you believe is the healthiest?
    Looking for ideas for me to add to my diet.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Keto pizzas here. Depending on what topping you use, they can have as little as 1g carbs, minimum protein, and the rest in fat. Calories are about 104 per serving.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Mini pita pocket with thick slice of fresh mozzarella cheese, put on panini press until melty. Blows your freaking mind.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    jjreverse wrote: »

Just a convo starter. But basically asking, out if all of your snacks that you prep yourself, what do you believe is the healthiest?
    Looking for ideas for me to add to my diet.

.... I don't snack.