I'm feeling hopeless.

Options
TODAY I ate peaches, a couple potatoe wedges, about HALF A BAG of tostido chips (large bag), cheese/sourcream dip, a lidtt chocolate bunny, and a nuttigrain bar.

TERRIBLE FOODS.

I feel like crap, and Im still craving more junk foods.
I get these cravings and go crazy, I CANNOT EAT ANYTHING IN PORTIONS.

I feel soo bad right now, I don't know how to fix this about my self. Someone please give me some advice.

I can't keep living like this, I want to feel sexy!

Replies

• TiffieLovex3
    TiffieLovex3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    dont buy those terrible foods anymore...
  • brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    dont buy those terrible foods anymore...

I agree, do not buy them and they won't be there to eat.
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i like to portion out my chips or crackers or nuts in about 100 calorie ziplock bags b4 i sit down to much... its easy to keep eating, i have been there..
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Get on that treadmill girly. NOW!!!

And...don't buy those foods anymore.
  • ebbward
    ebbward Posts: 7
    Options
    food cravings is just your body telling you that you're not getting enough nutrients.
    you won't stop craving anything - junk or healthy - until you eat a balanced meal.

i'd suggest a chicken salad with some pitta bread

i'd just eat loads and loads of healthy food and drink water if you get hungry after that :)
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I agree with Tiffie. If I keep any junk food in the house, I have no self control at all. So, I don't keep them in the house. That solves the problem for me.
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    Don't keep them around and log your day before you even start eating. That way you know what your going to eat and won't binge on junk. Incorporate some non killer junk every once in a while so you can relax the cravings!! been there lots of water and patience with yourself
  • jackiebo
    jackiebo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi, you have to eat protein and good fats (in moderation). You're getting the cravings because you're not eating the right kind of food, then you go crazy. The first 2 weeks are difficult, but it's a long-term thing. Start over tomorrow and don't give up. Might help if you'd go into your settings and let people see your food diary.

Get rid of the junk in your house, if it's hard to control yourself. After time passes and you've started losing and can start seeing and feeling a difference, it will be easier. This isn't easy at first.

The processed foods (chips, sour cream dip, candy, even the granola bar) are high in worthless ingredients and sugar, and are designed by the big food companies to hook you, just like you can get hooked on tobacco and worse. Food is an addiction but you can control it and develop new habits.

Don't be hard on yourself, start new tomorrow. Good luck.
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    The hard part is not eating them in the beginning. Once you have gone a few days without the "junk", it gets easier. (At least a little!) You may have to set a goal of an hour at a time at first to eat just healthy foods, but you can do it.

In the meantime, drink some water and go for a walk or do some kind of exercise. At least it will help offset some of the calories you ate.
  • hofosho1020
    Options
    I agree. Either don't keep it in the house or don't even start with one bite. I know if I take ONE bite of a cookie it's going to turn into the whole box, so I just have to NOT start. Which is SO hard sometimes. Don't give up, you can have a great day tomorrow!
  • pratkovic
    Options
    Hun we all have these days, as mine seem to fall on the weekends, you should not beat yourself up. This is a pursuit of progress not perfection.

The only thing I suggest that will help you feel better is to go run/walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes and take out your frustrations there. You will mentally recovery your expended calories and let out some frustrations. When I have cheated I use this to get myself back on track.

It took a while to put the weight on and it will take a while to take it off.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    i like to portion out my chips or crackers or nuts in about 100 calorie ziplock bags b4 i sit down to much... its easy to keep eating, i have been there..

I do this!

Drink more water, stop beating yourself up when you are eating because you are hungry - instead plan your meals for the day, that way when it's time for lunch you already have your meal planned and you know what you're going to eat. Stop buying junk (or if you live with your parents/family - ask if you can go grocery shopping and request a few healthy items).

Consider taking a cooking class to learn how to cook healthy for yourself (and your family).
  • KareyMarie
    KareyMarie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    food cravings is just your body telling you that you're not getting enough nutrients.
    you won't stop craving anything - junk or healthy - until you eat a balanced meal.

i'd suggest a chicken salad with some pitta bread

i'd just eat loads and loads of healthy food and drink water if you get hungry after that :)

I absolutely agree! I didn't stop having cravings for "those" foods until I got on track eating healthy (5-6 small balanced meals/day) and FINALLY I honestly don't crave any of those things anymore. And let me tell ya, I've SOOOO had those same cravings before! It's awful to feel out of control.

Also, exercising really helps keep me on track with eating right. If I exercise, I often eat better because i don't want to "waste" all the hard work it took to work out.

Good luck! :)
  • jmpatel
    jmpatel Posts: 1
    Options
    Well first of all, you are already sexy!! :) Someone has probably said this, but the more junk food you eat, the more you crave. So I think remember that tomorrow is a new day and you can start over..purge yourselves of all those terrible things..and when you really want them, grab the healthier version. You can do it!
  • SMerrigal66
    Options
    The advice of not buying the junk food is a good one. Since you are 18, do you still live at home? If someone else is buying the food, it's hard to avoid it. When you feel the urge to eat or you find yourself going into the kitchen, go into your room and close the door. Sit down on your bed and take 10 very deep breaths. The feeling to overeat may pass. Writing down your feelings may help, too. You could also write down how you felt right before a binge. Looking over your journal later may help you see a pattern and figure out a way to avoid it. Maybe you're bored before you head into the kitchen. Maybe you're angry. Dealing with the issue of why you overeat will help you immensely. It works for me sometimes...not all of the time, but I'm working on that. Good luck!