NSV - post your recent ones!

Options
junipuni
junipuni Posts: 264 Member
Today was a big day. I don't normally eat out anyway but I always find it really difficult when I am really committed to eat out. I have no problem going out and enjoying myself every now and then but I find it really hard when I am wanting to stick with my guidelines and enjoy eating out at a restaurant.

Anyway, my nephew is visiting and my mom wanted to go out to lunch at Sizzler. Normally I would get the salad bar. That would have blown it for me. I have no self control with that situation. I love desserts too much. So, I decided on the hibachi chicken with broccoli and had water to drink. I was VERY happy with the nutrition info and excited that it was not only delicious but also filling.

What are some recent NSV for you?

Replies

• MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    For a friend's birthday this past weekend, we went to Red Lobster. First off, when I was getting ready, my husband stopped what he was doing, looked at me, and said, "Wow, honey.... I'm really proud of you! You're looking AMAZING!"

Then, when it came time to order dinner, I got my norm, which was their lobster pizza appetizer. I had two slices, and couldn't eat anymore. I saved SO MANY calories!!! My body and mind are already trained to not over eat! Plus, the husband and I turned down dessert.
  • Kelly4877
    Kelly4877 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I got hit on while grocery shopping last Friday! :bigsmile: That hasn't happened in a VERY long time!
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 people tell me I look skinny in the last month :)
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Great job! My recent NSV is not giving up.

I lost 37 pounds and then got stuck for over a month. In the past, every other time I have lost weight, I would have gotten frustrated and quit. I have finally realized that I just can't quit. Through several frustrating weeks I have just kept sticking with it, tweaking things and finally getting a new plan of fewer calories and less diet soda. And finally, I am losing again.

I'm really proud of myself for pushing through a really long plateau and ~finally~ realizng that a plateau can be worked through! I thank MFP for teaching me that.
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    last night my husband told me i was tiny. far from it but yay!!
    and today i had to buy a smaller bra. (band size, not cup. lol)
  • junipuni
    Options
    Great job! My recent NSV is not giving up.

I lost 37 pounds and then got stuck for over a month. In the past, every other time I have lost weight, I would have gotten frustrated and quit. I have finally realized that I just can't quit. Through several frustrating weeks I have just kept sticking with it, tweaking things and finally getting a new plan of fewer calories and less diet soda. And finally, I am losing again.

I'm really proud of myself for pushing through a really long plateau and ~finally~ realizng that a plateau can be worked through! I thank MFP for teaching me that.
    That is a HUGE victory. Way to go!!!
  • junipuni
    Options
    Isn't it nice when others notice? I love that!!! Keep 'em coming!
  • moonnstarz83
    moonnstarz83 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am new and just learned what a NSV was and wanted to share mine. So I ordered my wedding dress in January, but I ordered it 2 sizes too small because I didn't want to have to pay for the extra sizes. In that same week I feel down a flight of stairs (while trying on wedding dresses:huh: ) and tore 2 tendons in my knee and had weight gain:sad: . Needless to say I have been very nervous. Last Wednesday, I was able to try my wedding dress of for the first time and I only have about an inch and a half to go before it zips!!! I am planning to lose more then that, but still, I would call that a victory! :drinker:
  • matina29
    matina29 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I can wear a skirt and not have my thighs rub together and cause a burn on my skin! I have been wearing skirts all summer. It's a great feeling!
  • finabella
    finabella Posts: 176
    Options
    I tried on a pair of shorts that I hated wearing as they were very tight in the legs and waist and they almost feel off. I could also grab a handful of material around my legs!! (They were like tights before they were that tight) :)
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I got mistaken for a personal trainer at the gym! So that was awesome, considering I've only been working out for a month.
  • Violin11
    Violin11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I was actually motivated enough to work out while on vacation! I have never done that before, but I knew how good it would make me feel.
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I went shopping in the back of my closet and found all kinds of clothes that haven't fit in years!
  • fouchou09
    fouchou09 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    This past week I fit into yet another pair of pre-pregnancy pants! I can fit into about 90% of my old wardrobe!

Plus, I also ran my first 5k (8 miles) yesterday!

Love this thread!
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    I'm going to my parents' house tomorrow and knew I had to do something with the leftover brownies I made the other night. Instead of eating all five throughout the day, I wrapped them up and stuck them in the freezer for another time. Considering my brownie addiction, it was definitely a NSV.

I also decided to walk a mile to meet a friend today instead of walk .3 miles and take a bus.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I've lost 2 dress sizes in the past 3 months :bigsmile: Almost 3 now!!
  • kgagnon7779
    Options
    I was changing this morning and caught myself in the mirror and thought, "Wow, I don't look too bad naked!"

I'm not sure I have EVER thought that!
  • CCLadyBug
    Options
    Now that I know what a NSV is... Ha! I am actually meeting and exceeding my exercise goals - 5 times per week. I haven't done this in over 10 years! It feels so good. :happy:
  • mallo_reeee
    Options
    @fouchou09 - a 5k is around 3.1 miles, not 8. Not to bring down your spirits, that's great. Just saying whoever told you that is wrong.
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've been with my hsband for 16 yrs. and for the first time ever he called me" skinny". He has never referred to me as skinny and he tells me everyday how great I look.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!