Eating 3 eggs white a day. Good gains

Options

Replies

• jlhflex
    jlhflex Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Are you asking or telling? lol Eggs are a great source of protein!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Protein.. sure. But not calorie dense and too filling for me. I don't do too many egg whites when I'm bulking.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Protein.. sure. But not calorie dense and too filling for me. I don't do too many egg whites when I'm bulking.

I like using them for egg whites for cutting for that exact reason.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    Egg whites when cutting is a god send. Although I still prefer regular eggs for taste.

I often use egg beaters for that reason..
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Egg whites when cutting is a god send. Although I still prefer regular eggs for taste.

Yea I love them when I'm cutting. I usually will mix two whole eggs with lots of egg whites for a nice huge fluffy omelette, so I still get the taste and nice colour of the yolk.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Eggs are protein and fat, for the most part. It sounds like the eggs are a good part of the nutritional plan that you have in place. For gaining, you need two things:

1. progressively overloaded training program
    2. eat in a caloric surplus

What does your nutrition look like? What training program are you following?

Context to your post would be nice! :smiley: And, hey - not attacking or being smug with any of this. Just trying to draw a complete picture....that's all.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I still can't relate to people just eating egg whites. Without the yolk it just isn't an egg.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Hmm, I still can't relate to people just eating egg whites. Without the yolk it just isn't an egg.

When you think of food as fuel and macronutrients then you'll understand.
  • bweath2
    bweath2 Posts: 147 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Sometimes I will drop egg whites in some hot chicken broth to eat right before going to bed. It's low calorie, and keeps me from being ravenous in the morning.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Egg whites make meringues, what's not to love!?
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Everyone's hating on whole eggs. :( I think they're a great bulk food, you just have to eat half a dozen of them.
  • BrianAWeber
    BrianAWeber Posts: 82 Member
    Options

How boring.... I will never look at food solely as fuel. Food should be enjoyed. Doesn't mean that you can't fit delicious food in your diet. Just means that you may need to get creative.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

How boring.... I will never look at food solely as fuel. Food should be enjoyed. Doesn't mean that you can't fit delicious food in your diet. Just means that you may need to get creative.

I'm pretty sure that comment simply means that sometimes egg white are the perfect thing to fill in the last of the protein needs without carbs or fat. The person you quoted didn't say food is only fuel or not meant to be tasty. Egg whites are a life saver when cutting.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that comment simply means that sometimes egg white are the perfect thing to fill in the last of the protein needs without carbs or fat. The person you quoted didn't say food is only fuel or not meant to be tasty. Egg whites are a life saver when cutting.

This is precisely what I meant. I absolutely love food but I also acknowledge what fuel my body needs and know that food provides that.
  • keithahayes78
    keithahayes78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I eat 6 egg whites every morning with cholula on them. Sometimes I add one or 2 yolks or some cheese to the omelet for fats, but I don't mind low calorie foods...that just means I can eat more often!
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Everyone's hating on whole eggs. :( I think they're a great bulk food, you just have to eat half a dozen of them.

No one is hating on eggs, they are tastier than egg whites, but it also comes with a price, it will cost you in calories. If you are bulking, I would definitely choose eggs over egg whites. When I am cutting, eggs will be at a minimum and egg whites would be used a lot more for the fact that it has just proteins.

Oh yeah, I solely meant that in the bulking sense. In my opinion they are extremely calorically dense but others apparently disagree!