Has anybody’s appetite gone smaller after losing a lot of weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    nope. My appetite skyrocketed so i gravitated to a vegan diet of literally just fruit and veg so i can struggle to get enough calories vs struggling eating to many lol. Then i get abundances of food (i really do enjoy fruits and veg since losing my weight lol taste buds change its great) and to top the calories up yummy snacks :D

I wish my appetite got smaller my body like panicked at weight loss and started getting a sweet tooth and hungrier.
  • tinat1819
    tinat1819 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've lost 9 lbs in roughly 9 weeks so far. I haven't been exercising. I've been just controlling my portions. It seems I can still eat A Lot at once if I really wanted to. But I naturally try to eat less for every meal now because I hate the carb crashes and foggy brains after a large meal. It's been more productive and mentally healthy for me to not binge eat.
  • Bereuribea
    Bereuribea Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    I've just taught myself how to ignore hunger.

Sounds easy to learn. But i havent been abble to know how. Wish you could give me some tips.. thank you!!
  • HOKA36
    HOKA36 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Stomach shrink with weight loss
  • lichn
    lichn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bereuribea wrote: »
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    I've just taught myself how to ignore hunger.

Sounds easy to learn. But i havent been abble to know how. Wish you could give me some tips.. thank you!!

For me there's a difference between being in the mood to eat and actually being *hungry.* Recognizing the distinction is tricky at first but it really helps. There's also the point after a meal where your stomach hasn't registered fullness yet and you can work on attuning to the sensation of what enough food feels before your brain actually clues in and stops telling you you're still hungry. It takes practice and a lot of self-awareness. Ignoring hunger entirely can be a bad idea if you ignore it long enough that you can't be satisfied by a normal amount of food. That's my tendency, and that's how I end up binging. Eat when you're hungry, but work on self-awareness to recognize the difference between boredom and your actual appetite.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,617 Member
    Options
    HOKA36 wrote: »

*glances down* Tell that to MY stomach! :)

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    nope. My appetite skyrocketed so i gravitated to a vegan diet of literally just fruit and veg so i can struggle to get enough calories vs struggling eating to many lol. Then i get abundances of food (i really do enjoy fruits and veg since losing my weight lol taste buds change its great) and to top the calories up yummy snacks :D

I wish my appetite got smaller my body like panicked at weight loss and started getting a sweet tooth and hungrier.

What are you doing for protein?

(I still can't eat canned salmon thanks to you BTW.)
  • Ch33ky83
    Ch33ky83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Mine hasn't gone down. Have to really work at times not to binge (stupid TOM)!
    Even if I eat my typical meals of lean protein and veggies, I still want to pig out on all the food in the house.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

What are you doing for protein?

(I still can't eat canned salmon thanks to you BTW.)

hahahaha im so sorry LOL that incident is why i eat like i do now hahahaha
    I have protein powders and get plenty of protein from my greens and veggies. Hasnt been an issue :p
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I still want to overeat, but I can't now imagine eating the way that fat Jruzer used to eat.
  • jlhflex
    jlhflex Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Interesting... Most people are the opposite when starting a new Diet or Plan. Your body begins to think that you're starving. Alot happens when this happens physiological and hormonal. Your system gets flooded with the hunger hormone called "ghrelin", making it hard to resist eating and feeling hungry when you really are not. At the same time, your body temperature and metabolic rate slow down in an attempt to conserve precious energy. You may not be having that response as most do. Instead your body may get confused. It knows it needs food but at the same time, says "nope Im good"
  • Trex5009
    Trex5009 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    In some cases I feel like that. But there's days where I feel like I can literally eat any and everything after finishing my meals. It's weird. I never end up eating more though lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    For me it completely depends on the time of the month. Not very hungry at all after my period (I had a kid cheeseburger at Wendy's yesterday and it kept me full for hours), but ravenous the week before.. which was never the case before I lost the weight, so I'd say that overall I'm actually quite hungrier.
  • daisyfields79
    daisyfields79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm down 33 pounds in exactly 2 months and this last week I'm never hungry in the mornings. I don't actually get hungry until lunch time so atvthe end of the day I'm having to eat a couple dads cookies and veggie chips to bring my calories up to at least 100-200 under my goal for the day. Before I started this I would wake up with my stomach growling.
  • kumardoc
    kumardoc Posts: 14 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Wrong thread!
  • sonarbabe
    sonarbabe Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Right? I'm hungry a lot after 55 lbs down, but I get fuller faster, so I'm snacking a bit more. Usually carrots and hummus or a Fiber One 90 calorie bar.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,617 Member
    Options
    sonarbabe wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »

Right? I'm hungry a lot after 55 lbs down, but I get fuller faster, so I'm snacking a bit more. Usually carrots and hummus or a Fiber One 90 calorie bar.

LOL I was talking about the physical size of my stomach but that too!

I really like the fiber one coffee cake but it definitely doesn't like me. :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'm down 130 lb and maintaining for a few years but I'd have to say no. My appetite is more or less the same. I DO notice on the rare occasion I eat a huge amount of food (buffet meal, holidays) I get uncomfortably full a little easier. But on a day to day basis, nope. It really hasn't changed.

A lot of people I know (all sizes) constantly say "I can't eat all of this, I'm soooo full" and I just don't relate to that 99% of the time. That's why I measure out portions and plan according to calories contained.
  • RA60172
    RA60172 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 70 pounds in 21 months (20 more to go until goal!), and my appetite has DEFINITELY gone down in general. I still have random days where I want to eat ALL THE THINGS, but for the most part it doesn't take much to fill me up anymore.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    My capacity has definitely reduced, I'm full after a lot less food, however I still struggle with cravings for fat and sugar.