Need help with my diet!

Options
I didn't do too bad today. Ate pretty light. Then just now I chowed down on some chip dip and over half a bag of tostidos.

I feel guilty and fat!

My problem is just saying no to the junk food, im always going to be faced with it. But how can I say no and resist?
Please help!

Replies

• catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Why is there chip and dip in your house? Give the junk to your neighbors! If you have kids, tell them to hide it from you.

If you want junk food you should have to work for it. It's 10 pm and you want ice cream......that means getting dressed and driving to the store. :wink:
  • becalm
    becalm Posts: 31
    Options
    Why is there chip and dip in your house? Give the junk to your neighbors! If you have kids, tell them to hide it from you.

If you want junk food you should have to work for it. It's 10 pm and you want ice cream......that means getting dressed and driving to the store. :wink:

haha thats funny! but no my family continuously buys it!
  • becalm
    Options

haha thats funny! but no my family continuously buys it!
  • AuderyNaomi
    AuderyNaomi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    CatWrangler has some great tips! I also try to snack on foods that are similar to the ones that I have a weakness for. For example: I want ice cream, I'll eat yogurt instead. Maybe next time you want crunch and a bit of salt you could snack on carrot/celery sticks and hummus? Fewer calories parallel flavors. Happy dieting!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I just took a closer look at your photo and frankly, I don't think chips and dip will hurt you any.......
  • becalm
    Options
    I just took a closer look at your photo and frankly, I don't think chips and dip will hurt you any.......

i know im not fat, but i really want to get in better shape and tone up and junk foods wont help me!!
  • weightofyourskin
    Options
    I've definitely had that happen before...

I wouldn't try to eliminate junk food from your life altogether, at least not totally cold-turkey. Just try to keep your portions reasonable. I have half a cup of ice cream most evenings - it's just 150 calories. Half a serving of my favorite chips (25 grams) is around 120. It makes the craving go away, and the calories are low enough that I feel like I'm getting away with something.

Another thing I've found is that often, if I go long enough without eating a specific junk food, when I do eat it again it doesn't taste as good as it did before. I used to be pretty addicted to Tim Hortons' iced cappuccinos (with a shot of caramel flavour... mmmm...) and drink about 3-4 a week. Then I realized they're a mess of sugar and cream and were not helping my weight loss. I didn't have any at all for two weeks and then when I finally ordered one again, it was disgustingly sweet and the sugar actually gave me a headache. I couldn't finish it.
  • av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    Options
    It is all attitude as well. You are saying you feel fat and seem really mad at yourself. Let yourself off the hook. By putting things on the taboo list you act like it is an all or nothing proposition. Ask yourself if you always ate horribly to put on the pounds you are concerned about or did you sometimes eat healthy things? Well now that you are losing the weight you should simply think of doing the reverse...eating mostly healthy and allow a few mess ups...that is real life...just dust yourself off and get back on the wagon...I believe in you!
  • ljmeep
    ljmeep Posts: 29
    Options
    I have the same problem with junk food being in my house. I can't eliminate it completely because I have young children and a husband without weight problem that shouldn't have to suffer for the mistakes I made with my body. What helps me is trying to only buy the things that appeal to them and less to me. I also try to keep it all toward the back of the fridge or the cabinets so it's not the first thing I see when I go to look for a snack or something to fix for a meal.

I've also taken to writing down the meals I want for myself for the week (no junk food listed). This way I make sure to shop for the healthier foods I need to keep on track. Those items go in front middle of my fridge (eye level preferably) and in the front of my cabinets so that I'm more likely to go for the healthy stuff rather than the junk.

The only real request I made of my family was not to bring my fav. soda into the house... that I can't seem to say "no" to... lol
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Myself....my family is not allowed to have junk food in the house...i told them if they want that go to the store get a small bag of chips or a candybar and eat it before they walk in the door......thats what they do so i dont have the want to want it....its been 3 weeks now and now some things are here but I dont even want them...i have no cravings for it.......
  • tarafoster1
    Options
    I have a great snack that will help you get the crunch you are looking for! take a whole wheat flour tortilla (numerous kinds available) place it on a baking sheet. spread olive oil on top and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. place in the oven on broil for about 5 minutes. cut them into triangle shape (or whichever you choose) let them sit for about 10 minutes and then put your favorite hummus on them. it's a super low calorie, healthy snack that is sure to satisfy your chip urge you get :) best of luck!
  • wedwithbabies
    wedwithbabies Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    First of all, that french fry ticker is taunting me LOL! :P

I love munching on apples & cheese! They are great when you pair them together, and honestly its really filling!
  • becalm
    Options
    hhahahha too funny!