Any Ladies 5'6-5'7 about 130ish Maintaining

Options
I just have a few questions, what's your calorie maintenance intake, how often do you exercise or lift if you do, and how many pounds do you fluctuate between?

I'm thinking about going into maintenance but I can't seem to figure out what that number is. So many sites have various numbers none of them seem to be the same, and I know your activity level plays a part in that number, so I'm just curious as to what real people with experience are doing.

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I am a bit taller at just under 5'10, maintaining between 126 - 130.
    I workout 5 times a week, for 60-90 minutes each time, combination of cardio and weights/bodyweight, I eat 2000 - 2900 calories, depending on my activity on a given day.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 124 and sedentary because of health issues. My only exercise is walking. Maintain around 1600-1700 but don't log
  • Aw0627
    Aw0627 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    I workout 5 times a week, for 60-90 minutes each time, combination of cardio and weights/bodyweight, I eat 2000 - 2900 calories, depending on my activity on a given day.

Did you use MFP to figure out your calorie maintenance level, or another website?
  • fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I am 51 years old, 5'7" . I maintain between 125-128. Very active- lift 3 days a week for an hour, Pilates 2 times a week for 45 minutes. Walk 3-6 miles a day 5-6 days a week. I don't diligently track everyday but estimate between 1800-2500 a day. Generally toward the lower end during the week and higher on the weekend.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Aw0627 wrote: »
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »

Did you use MFP to figure out your calorie maintenance level, or another website?

Experimentation. I lose at the 1830 base that mfp gives me so I upped my base to 2000. I truly believe the only way to find your own maintenance is by experimenting and seeing how the scale reacts, bearing in mind that you need to test a calorie goal for a few weeks to know for sure due to fluctuations and the obvious increase in scale weight (due to increased food volume) when you initially up your calories to maintenance.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and maintain about 135-140. It's usually about 138 but I'll fluctuate from 136 to 140. I can maintain on about 1850 calories without working out but I consistently work out 4 days a week, burning around 150-400 each work out. I do not have a lot of time at the gym so it's usually <30 minutes for those 4 work outs then if I add on a run on the weekend I'll go about 4-5 miles (35-45 minutes). I've tried maintaining on less and I just can't do it and I feel like when I get below 135 my face starts looking too thin and I don't like it (plus my boobs get smaller and eff that).
  • Jessyperry
    Jessyperry Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and for a long time was at 130. I've gained a bit now and am at 140. I eat about 1800 calories a day and have been limiting myself on cardio (I'd quickly get back down to 130 if I did cardio). I only do cardio once a week and lift 3-4 days a week. Primarily now I'm working on my legs and stomach (not a big fan of muscular arms on me). So I do a few different stomach exercises, squats, other leg exercises. Hope this helped.
  • chioreo
    chioreo Posts: 29 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'7", 26 years old, and currently 133. I usually stick around 1700 for maintenance and work out 4-5 times a week and do some light lifting 2-3 of those days. Usually do cardio about 30-45 min per exercise. I'd like to get down to 125 since I carry most weight in my stomach, but I'm lazy and like eating a lot and have an office job.
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently at 125 - I fluctuate between 124 and 128. My job is a desk job, so I'm fairly sedentary, but my intentional workout schedule is pretty moderate. I lift heavy 3x/week, spin 2x/week, HIIT 2x per week, and yoga 1x/week. I also walk about 15-20 miles throughout the week. I stick to around 1500 cals during the week, with more on the weekends to balance out and have maintained for a few months so far.
  • StarBrightStarBright
    Options
    y'all are inspiration! I'm having trouble maintaining 10 pounds above that.
  • Aw0627
    Options
    tjones0411 wrote: »
    I'm 5'6" and currently at 125 - I fluctuate between 124 and 128. My job is a desk job, so I'm fairly sedentary, but my intentional workout schedule is pretty moderate. I lift heavy 3x/week, spin 2x/week, HIIT 2x per week, and yoga 1x/week. I also walk about 15-20 miles throughout the week. I stick to around 1500 cals during the week, with more on the weekends to balance out and have maintained for a few months so far.

That doesn't seem like a moderate workout seems kinda intense, do you do HIIT or spin on the same days you lift? I lift 4x A week, HIIT 1x per week, and do yoga every other Sunday, now I'm thinking I might have to add more cardio back into my routine.
  • Aw0627
    Options
    chioreo wrote: »
    I'm 5'7", 26 years old, and currently 133. I usually stick around 1700 for maintenance and work out 4-5 times a week and do some light lifting 2-3 of those days. Usually do cardio about 30-45 min per exercise. I'd like to get down to 125 since I carry most weight in my stomach, but I'm lazy and like eating a lot and have an office job.

Do you do cardio on the same days you lift? I also want to get to 125 because of my gut, but I don't know if it's fat, skin or both, I may still go for it.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I'm 5-7" and 143. I'm in a full on battle to get to 130 by the end of the year (NEXT) year - yes 2018. A little over 13 months to lose 13#. That's eating at 1900-2000. It's debatable whether or not I'll be able to maintain at that weight, but we shall see.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 y/o, 5'7.3" ;) and my maintenance range is 128-133. I do You Are Your Own Gym (body weight strength) 3x/wk and try to do cardio 2-3 x/wk (run or swim). Maintenance calories for me is only around 1800/day total, which is less than most calculators or my Fitbit estimate. I do have PCOS though, and there's some evidence that can affect metabolic rate.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options

I hear you. I have more of a belly still than I'd like, but for me I discovered that if I tried to go much below 130, I start getting overly thin in some places and it's just not flattering or worth it. I'm 41 though so at 26 you might have better luck. (My face started to look a lot more wrinkly, for one thing, and my arms, calves and chest get too skinny.)
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That doesn't seem like a moderate workout seems kinda intense, do you do HIIT or spin on the same days you lift? I lift 4x A week, HIIT 1x per week, and do yoga every other Sunday, now I'm thinking I might have to add more cardio back into my routine.

Hmm, maybe. I actually spin and do HIIT on the same days. Lift on the in-between days and yoga to end the week. Walking is a mind-clearer for me more than exercise.
  • chioreo
    Options

Do you do cardio on the same days you lift? I also want to get to 125 because of my gut, but I don't know if it's fat, skin or both, I may still go for it.

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. If I do cardio on lift days it's no more than 20-30 min.
    Good luck with your goals!
  • chioreo
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »

I hear you. I have more of a belly still than I'd like, but for me I discovered that if I tried to go much below 130, I start getting overly thin in some places and it's just not flattering or worth it. I'm 41 though so at 26 you might have better luck. (My face started to look a lot more wrinkly, for one thing, and my arms, calves and chest get too skinny.)

Yeah I'm kind of wondering if the same will happen to me...around the 130 point my hip bones start popping out but I still have a belly....argh. I'll try it and see what happens but if I happen to look better at 130, might just try to maintain that :)
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" weigh 130 and am maintaining at 1600. Range is 128-132, but mainly at 130/131 lately. Not very active due to medical reasons. Rely on walking and yoga with occasional lite bicycle ride if weather is nice. I'm in my 50s.

Recently dropped calories to 1200-1300 because had gained weight and was back to weight loss for a bit to get rid of those vacation pounds.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and weigh between 134-138. For some reason I have found that if I go below 130 my body starts to hate me. I love how lean I am at 125 but for me it is not realistic. I workout for an hour 4 days a week, the other three days I walk about 3 miles. I hit 9-10,000 steps a day outside of exercise daily. I have mainted on 2,200-2,500 a day.