SBF Feb 6

Options
Happy Friday everyone!
V, I hope you get better quickly! Sorry you are sick!
Renae, that's great about your refund and new TV! Our refund is going to the home study in two weeks. :happy:
Mary, are you enjoying your bike? I know you are! :wink:
Karen hang in there. Try to get any kind of exercise in! It will help wake you up. I am preaching to myself also! Vent here if you need to or if you just need some encouragement!
Did I miss anyone? CP, I hope you are still doing okay! We can't wait for you to come back!
Yesterday went well for me, but not so much for Alex. We went to see my neighbor in the home, and it was a really nice home, so it wasn't bad. I am going to try to see her again next week. Alex was SOOO bored though! I remember being like that as a kid. lol. After we got home he was in a super bad mood. I think he had needed a nap. I told my hubby I didn't want to cook so we went to Red Robin because it's one of the few places Alex can eat the fries. Alex fell asleep on the way to RR which isn't that far. lol. So I didn't eat the best last night. I wish I would do that on a different night! It makes the scale go up on weigh in day! I wasn't going to worry about this week anyway since AF is here. And Alex woke up four times last night! Ugh! He's been waking up every night.
Busy day for me again today!
This morning I have Bible study. I am going to try to put the red paint on the drawers before I go and then put the clear coat on this afternoon. I have one more part of the bed I have to redo because our measurements were off and we had to cut it. It shouldn't be too bad to do I don't think, except that I have to sand it down. :grumble: Then I need to clean up the downstairs. The OT is coming over tonight to work with Alex. So not a lot of exercise again, but I am doing okay on eating.
Tomorrow is a party at the bounce house so I will work hard then! :laugh:
Sorry this is so lengthy. Kind of chatty today I guess. Have a wonderful Friday!
MM

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!
    V, I hope you get better quickly! Sorry you are sick!
    Renae, that's great about your refund and new TV! Our refund is going to the home study in two weeks. :happy:
    Mary, are you enjoying your bike? I know you are! :wink:
    Karen hang in there. Try to get any kind of exercise in! It will help wake you up. I am preaching to myself also! Vent here if you need to or if you just need some encouragement!
    Did I miss anyone? CP, I hope you are still doing okay! We can't wait for you to come back!
    Yesterday went well for me, but not so much for Alex. We went to see my neighbor in the home, and it was a really nice home, so it wasn't bad. I am going to try to see her again next week. Alex was SOOO bored though! I remember being like that as a kid. lol. After we got home he was in a super bad mood. I think he had needed a nap. I told my hubby I didn't want to cook so we went to Red Robin because it's one of the few places Alex can eat the fries. Alex fell asleep on the way to RR which isn't that far. lol. So I didn't eat the best last night. I wish I would do that on a different night! It makes the scale go up on weigh in day! I wasn't going to worry about this week anyway since AF is here. And Alex woke up four times last night! Ugh! He's been waking up every night.
    Busy day for me again today!
    This morning I have Bible study. I am going to try to put the red paint on the drawers before I go and then put the clear coat on this afternoon. I have one more part of the bed I have to redo because our measurements were off and we had to cut it. It shouldn't be too bad to do I don't think, except that I have to sand it down. :grumble: Then I need to clean up the downstairs. The OT is coming over tonight to work with Alex. So not a lot of exercise again, but I am doing okay on eating.
    Tomorrow is a party at the bounce house so I will work hard then! :laugh:
    Sorry this is so lengthy. Kind of chatty today I guess. Have a wonderful Friday!
    MM
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Melissa, never apologize for saying too much... you're an inspiration to everyone here. I know I enjoy "keeping up" with all that goes on in all our SBFers lives. Even though we haven't met, we've shared some of our best & worst here. I feel like you're some of my best friends. :glasses:

I understand about the nursing home. My younger sister & I volunteered for over 10 years at our hometown nursing home. Each Sunday (we're not a big church going family) we would go from about 8-2 and just visit, do activities, etc. If you ask the staff, there is probably an activity coordinator who would love for you to come when they do things. The littlest things make the residents days brighter: playing bingo, bringing snacks to rooms, painting fingernails, even just looking through photo albums. some of them will talk your ear off! :tongue: You have to remember how many of them don't have ANY visitors. Yeah, sometimes it was hard and the minutes crawled by, but I have memories to last a lifetime and still think of many residents who passed away over the years. Ask what you can bring: we used to take sugar-free candy & diet pop on special occasions. It was like Christmas to them!

Ok, sorry about that. I too am suffering the seasonal blues. :indifferent: Sleepy, grumpy, blerghish in general. The negative temperatures haven't helped. Today is supposed to be in the 40s, so I will get outside to run and have to lift. Took Ian to the swimming pool yesterday. Spent the first 20 minutes clinging to me for dear life and screaming at the top of his lungs :sad: . The guard (also a babysitter) brought him a bag full of pool toys, then he proceeded to play happily for the next hour. We had to get out 'cause his lips were turning blue! Wed. was just a wasted day & way over on cals, so we'll overlook it entirely! Trying to get back on track today... :wink:
    (due to length, everyone else: hang in there, get better, great job!)
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Did you guys hear about the Sea Sheppard ship colliding with the Japanese Whaler? It was in yesterday's news. No one was hurt - but I couldn't help thinking about our own WanderingLight - she must have been freaked.

I'm glad you volunteered, AD. You're spot on about many people not receiving any visitors. The person I see only has me and the paid person at Family Eldercare. Every once and a while she will receive a visit from her ex-daughter-in-law or one of her grandchildren, but that's only once or twice a year. They are complete nut jobs.

Yesterday, I managed 80 min bike ride - non-stop - just kept doing loops, so I wouldn't hit a traffic light. Today is gym - either kickboxing or elliptical or both. I'm staying away from the jogging until my knee is better. AD - it's the back inside of my knee - but only when it's fully bent - it hurts more the more it's bent. Any idea what I did?

Yoga teacher just called. She's not feeling well - so most likely I'm doing three hours of yoga at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow. So I guess I'm not going on the long bike ride Sat. Maybe Sun?

Happy workouts!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm still sick and cranky. . .I'm on cold medicine, but still feel awful. . .le sigh. Overshare alert: where can all the mucus possibly come from? I feel like I should lose weight with all the nose-blowing.:noway:

My teaching clothes are much more fitted than they were three months ago. Not quite "tight" but they certainly are fitted, especially in the waist/butt area. . .I need to get back to the workouts, but only after I feel better. Working out today would just prolong the sick I think. I also think I might fall over, as walking to and from the kitchen has been a challenge.

I know, Mary. . .every time I watch the show I can't believe how brave Wanderin' is. I also wonder if she's losing weight in vegan-land. . .lol.

Hope all is well with everyone. . .I completely relate to the seasonal blahs. . .February is always the cruelest month in that department. But, the days are getting longer. . .so spring will come.

Take care.:flowerforyou:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm alive!

I've decided to skip class today (I have all A's and it won't hurt my grade!) and take a day for me! I want to get a total of two hours of cardio from my Boot Camp DVD's (they always kick my butt) and then hit the gym tonight for some miles. I'm also going to do some cleaning too!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Mary, is it directly in the middle of the back or slightly to one side? Middle would probably be a popliteus muscle issue, sides would be hamstrings. Remind me what,when,how you hurt it and I'll think on my end! :wink:

Prayers to Monica for a safe return from sea! :flowerforyou:

I did my upper body lift; still need to do cardio to make up for wed but I think I'll do it on the gazelle tonight when I get home.

Have a great weekend all!
    Arianne :happy:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    What show was Monica doing again? I forget.

Well, I was so tired today from Alex waking me up four times last night that I didn't want to do anything today, except get the drawers painted. I got that done, then I remembered I was going to start on the garage today. I didn't think I'd get very far on it but I didn't get it almost clean and I cleaned up the back yard also! I didn't know I had it in me! Ha! I still have a long ways to go but it's getting there! I am also more awake now than I was earlier.
    I'm going to go put a clear coat on the drawers before the therapist comes tonight. See you all tomorrow!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    What show was Monica doing again? I forget.

Whale Wars?
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I see you are all keeping busy. Today we had a half day of school so it felt like I had just dropped off my students and turned around and picked them back up. It was a pretty full and noisy bus but it usually is on a Friday.

Whale wars? I don't remember what WanderingLight was doing, but she's been gone for awhile hasn't she? I hope she is alright! I didn't hear about the ships colliding.

Busy grocery shopping today. I bought all the stuff I use when I'm trying to eat healthy, boy that gets expensive lol. Tomorrow is my "official" birthday party and the day after is when I really start working on losing weight. I would have done it two weeks ago but I had two birthday parties in that amount of time. I now don't have any birthday for 2 months. I didn't know being 51 could be so tiring! Actually I think it has more to do with the weight I have gained. So much work to do to get back where I was. I know if I move I will feel better, it's just hard to get going. I have plans to go snowshoeing with a friend Sunday. Just for a little while.

Have a great weekend everyone. Vivia, my mom used to say better out than in with colds. She'd give us a whole box of kleenex and say use it all. I do hope you feel better soon. Don't feel alone, my waist has grown considerably and I really have to do some work to fit in my summer clothes. You are not alone. We can do it.

I like reading what everyone one is doing, everyone usually has something positive to say and are doing interesting things. I bought a canvas and some oil paints last weekend. I'm still just staring at the canvas in the hopes something will come to mind to paint. I have never used oil paints so they are a little intimidating, but hubby bought me a how to book on painting so maybe I will look at a few chapters first. :bigsmile: I'm not hoping to be the next Monet, just want it to look real and not dorky.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: