Any adult caretakers, assisted living, nursing home facility workers out there?

Options
First off, thank you for what you do. I am seeking an opinion. I would like to extend a thank you to the staff of an assisted living facility that recently dealt with a trying and unusual circumstance with my mom. I'm wondering what a good thank you would be? What sort of things would say "thank you" to you? I ask because I used to be a veterinary assistant, and clients always gave us boxes of chocolates; Sees, Whitmans, Ghirardelli, etc. The clients were trying to say thank you, but these boxes literally reached to the ceiling and didn't get eaten very fast. I just want to give something meaningful, the situation deems more than just a handwritten card.

Replies

• 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I always loved when an edible arrangement was delivered...or coffee.
  • rundgrenrocks
    rundgrenrocks Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I give lottery tickets these days.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I once received a handwritten note from a client's daughter that was so beautifully written and heartfelt it actually made tears come to my eyes. I got a lot of cookies and chocolates over the years, but that note stuck with me. When I would have a particularly rough day, I would pull it out of my bag and reread it.
  • kaydensmom2009
    kaydensmom2009 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Note and edible arrangement
  • sailorslacker
    sailorslacker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with a kind note and maybe some fruit or cookies if it's for everyone on staff.
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I know it doesn't seem enough, but truly a heartfelt note is super appreciated. If you want to give something more tangible, "real food" is usually welcome. A deli platter, pickles/olives/cheese platter, fruits and veggies - stuff hungry people can really eat on a quick break when they're hungry. If you want to go all-out, send a caterer over with some hot dishes.

Sweets mean well, but they do add up and real food is very welcome.