Hello :)

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm not necessarily new to MFP, but I'm trying for a fresh start! MFP worked for me a few months ago (I lost about 10lbs), but eventually I gained it back, and then some. I have struggled with this yo-yo effect for about 2 years now, ever since I quit my collegiate athletic career. Having been a competitive swimmer since the age of 8, I have always been able to eat whatever I wanted without weight gain. Now that swimming is not an everyday activity, I find myself struggling to keep my body fit. I know how to exercise and that both cardio and weights are important, but I guess I'm looking for some motivation and encouragement to keep eating healthy and to finally lose weight and get back on track!

I would also like to know what kinds of online workouts that others are using that have worked for them! I go to the gym, but I like trying new exercises at home!

As of now, my goal is to lose about 20lbs. I'm hoping to set up some kind of reward system to keep myself going!

Replies

• Chel702
    Chel702 Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP!! I know how you feel about the yo you effect, its so frustrating & stressful, but I try no to let it get to me because they say the more you stress the harder it is to lose weight. Feel free to add me as your friend :smile:
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am the same way gain and lose all the time :) Feel free to add me as well. I have used MFP for a while but just joined the message boards today.
  • cbond74
    cbond74 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! You can do this! I workout from home with the Turbo Fire DVD's...love it!!