Best shoes for HIIT/Circuit training?

Options
A few weeks ago I started taking boxing classes that include a lot of circuit training/HIIT and I clearly need different shoes for this type of workout. The shoe person at Dick's was not helpful, so I am hoping someone on here will have good suggestions of different shoes to go try on. I have been wearing the Nike flex trainers I just bought (per the advice of the shoe person at Dick's) and they are terrible for this type of workout. I even added new insoles hoping that would make a difference but my feel still slide around inside the shoe. I really notice it when we are doing burpees, high knees, and mountain climbers as well as squats and lunges. It looks like some of the Asics cross trainers might be a good option but they get mixed reviews online... Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd say that Nike Flex are pretty good for circuit training as they're very flexible. It sounds like yours are significantly too large, rather than the wrong shoe
  • EMC85083
    EMC85083 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd say that Nike Flex are pretty good for circuit training as they're very flexible. It sounds like yours are significantly too large, rather than the wrong shoe
    I thought that could possibly be the problem too. The shoe guy tried to get me to buy the next size up too and I said no way.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    If not super high impact activities, try wresting shoes.
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I use Reebok Nano anf the New Balance Minimus
  • MilesAddie
    MilesAddie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I use the Reebok Speed TR and 90% of my workout are pretty high intensity, interval type of stuff.

Lotta people love the Reebok Nano and the Nike Metcon.
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I use Asics. They have been reliable and durable for me!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    For my boxing classes I like my New Balances Minimus. I actually have two pair. I take circuit/hiit classes too, I don't wear them for that. I prefer a more support if plyometrics or running/sprints/sleds are involved. I would try a running store and tell them your activity, as they carry cross training shoes as well.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There are different ways you can !ace shoes to make them fit better.
    I don't know how long since you bought but maybe you can return or exchange?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    If you feet are slipping around inside - sounds like the shoe is sticking good enough - your foot has too much room.

Wrong sized shoes doesn't mean the wrong type, unless they are like only for wide-feet people and you are narrow.

So whatever shoe you move to - you'll have the same issue if the wrong size.

But very flexible with those movements is key, you want almost barefoot but some protection.