Craving fast food but on keto

Options
Today will mark a week on keto and I've already lost 5 pounds. But I'm kind of getting tired of the same food and craving fast food. Can I have a burger or fish from somewhere without the bun and still lose weight?? And also what do y'all eat that's sweet while on keto?

Replies

• kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You can definitely have fast food burgers and sandwiches without the bun. Just make sure it's not breaded. I ate protein burgers all the time on keto. Get extra mayo and cheese. For sweets you will need to use erythritol or something similar. Use it instead of sugar and can bake with it. There's great keto bomb and dessert recipe books. Keto mug cakes are great.
  • aggiepringle6665
    aggiepringle6665 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Most fast food joints will do their burgers as a lettuce wrap. I eat them like that all the time. 5 months on keto and down 64lbs
  • dustinjbrock
    dustinjbrock Posts: 49 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Heck yes! Id go nuts if you couldn't lol

I just had a 1/2 pound guacamole bacon burger from Carl's Jr. No bun, lettuce wrapped, no tomato. Lots and lots of fat in that beauty.

Subway salads with steak and chipotle
    Fat burger no bun
    Pizza from Panago but I just eat the toppings.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Make a meatza.

Mix ground beef with a couple of eggs and some italian herbs and spread it out thin on a baking tray. Top it as if it was a pizza (salami, some peppers, some olives, cheese, maybe some ham or bacon). Cook. Eat.
  • Libmatos
    Libmatos Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    While doing all this, remember to balance it all with good fats. Keto fats are good but there's a risk of too much of the bad ones since you can't weigh your portions when eating out. I buy organic or grass fed beef, make my own patties, choose my cheeses, top with greens, guacamole, salt/pepper. I save a boatload of money and I know what's in my meat or fish. I weigh my portions for great keto food. Borrow what ideas work for you. Follow the strategy for your own goals. Mine is weight loss then maintenance and reduction of heart and stroke risks. I had an arterial scan that surprised the MD with Zero deposits in the arteries. She said "wow, I've bever seen that in a mature adult before, it's usually a 25% minimum." She then wondered what I've been eating all my life. That's my goal. Keep the arteries clean! Good luck!
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Hardee's!