elliptical and a newbie

Options
So I used to do really well on the elliptical when I first started at the gym. Then I got busy with school and I gained all back. So I just bought myself a new elliptical to use at home. It was a devil to assemble! And it's sooo heavy.

Anyway - I used to be able to do 30 minutes or more on it. Today I barely did 10. Is this normal? I have not exercised at all - so yea I'm really out of shape.

Thanks,

Theresa

Replies

• svetlana_vs
    Options
    Pretty normal to me. I got from 10-15 min to 45 min pretty quickly - in about 1-2 weeks.
  • JenOman
    JenOman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I can run 6 miles (slowly, but still run) and I can't do the elliptical for more than 7 minutes. It KILLS ME! So I am impressed at your 10 minutes, and you will be able to work your way back up...though I have never tried, I hate that evil machine ;P
  • Eeanz
    Eeanz Posts: 9
    Options
    The same thing happened to me, I just made little goals for my self to stay on for just 5 more min . It has taken me about a week and a half to get to this point.
    Good luck
  • leilani♥
    leilani♥ Posts: 579
    Options
    The very first time I did the elliptical machine I did about 8 minutes and died lol.... so it's very normal :)
  • Theresa_Marie
    Options
    thank you everyone! I feel better now. Tomorrow I will shoot for 15, but if I can only do 10 I won't beat myself up.
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the prize! Cheers!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Elliptical isn't easy, so yeah it's normal! I'm pretty in shape, and it kills me! Especially since I don't normally get on one.