Change one thing each week

Options
I know that it is hard to break bad habits so I want to start increasing my good habits. Each week I'm going to set a new healthy habit for myself and by Christmas I should have about 20 new lifestyle changes that I have implemented. So who is with me? Anyone what to change one thing about this week that you didn't do last week?

Mine is - take the dog for a walk everyday.

Replies

• Mucky_Duck
    Mucky_Duck Posts: 73
    Options
    I'd love to join! This sounds like a really realistic and manageable project.

My goal for this week is to keep a daily gratitude list.
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    that sounds like a great idea. i need too drink at least 2 glasses of water a day. i am not much of a water drinker but i need to make more healthy choices.
  • amberwaves74
    Options
    I'm in! As I eliminate unhealthy habits, I'd like to introduce healthy habits to replace them. About a week ago I gave up my daily diet soda, and replaced it with tons more water. This week I'm starting to take Omega 3-6-9 to lower my cholesterol. I need to think about what other new habits I want to add in, but I have a week to come up with my next one.
  • sallywag
    sallywag Posts: 26
    Options
    Good idea, This week I'll be drinking enough water.
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    How did you all do today? It was raining all day but now it's stopped so just about to take the dog for a walk :)
  • sallywag
    Options
    Drank a litre and a half of water today... which is quite good for me. Topped this up with other drinks.

All in all a good start as I usually don't drink half as much.
  • kjnicol
    Options
    Awesome work Sallywag! I remember trying to get to 2 litres and it was a struggle but now I crave water if I have not drunk at least that amount.

I ended up going for an hour walk yesterday with my puppy. We were both tired after and fell asleep easily last night (I've been jetlagged and struggling to go to sleep so this was an added bonus). Today is my rest day but I'm still planning on taking him for a walk but maybe a shorter one.

Hope everyone has a great day and thanks for joining me on my weekly challenge adventure!
  • sallywag
    Options
    Just wondering how everyone was doing? I have not been good with the water this week and have switched to wine instead :laugh: . Must try harder.
  • kjnicol
    Options
    Well was going well until I got injured :sad: . But I seem to be fine now so I'm having another attempt at a whole week of dog walking but adding another challange this week. I want to log everything that passes these lips of mine. Sometimes I will have a bit of something that my DH has, or samples at the supermarket and never log it. Well this week that is going to change! How many days did you drink your water last week? Dont' worry about it, noone is perfect!! Just try to improve this week!! I know you can do it!
  • sallywag
    Options
    I'm going to say 4 days. I think I'll do the same this week but try to do the C2 5k at least 3 times as well. I hope you are recovering well. Good luck this week with your goals. I believe these things will soon become habit for us if we just keep going.