Motivation

Options
How do you have the motivation to get up every morning and day to do all of this exercise?

Replies

• Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have challenge groups I run that keep me accountable to others
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all of my excersize is walking with my dog. I try to walk quickly to get my heart rate up. I just ordered a sit up frame as I always hurt my neck doing them free, to work on my saggy tummy. The thought of getting my six pack back will hopefully spur me on with that.
  • Piperx222
    Piperx222 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Might sound counter productive but I allow my extra workout calories (usually only half) to be "dessert" or "non healthy snack" calories. If I don't have bonus exercise calories, I don't have anything that day. I love my sweets so that generally motivates me get my workout in B)
  • hpacaro
    hpacaro Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I feel like there are 2 kinds of people. Those that have an obvious reason "why" that fuels their motivation - it could be a health scare, people close to them keeping them accountable, a goal that makes them "feel" something, etc.. - or there are people who are just tired of being tired and want a change so they suck it up and take action. (I was the latter) If you don't have the obvious "why", then google Mel Robbins - "Motivation is Garbage" and take a listen to her interview. Hopefully it will get you thinking!