Worried

Options
Working out was fun at first now it feels like work:( I'm afraid if it continues to feel this way I'll just stop. Also the past week was the first week I completed working out in months! So that's good news i just hope I'm determined to keep this going.

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,477 Member
    Options
    Maybe dial down.

Don't know if this applies to you but there's a tendency to keep thinking you have to do more and harder. Soon workouts turn painful. Is there a routine you can see yourself doing that you can stick with to build up your habit? Good habits can be your best friend. But they have to be defended. When its gym time, you need to be at the gym. If you're just starting, what you do there is less important than being there. But you have to do some sort of work out. No fair just standing around and socializing.
  • ShaDucky
    ShaDucky Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If its just been a week your mind hasn't adjusted yet, keep going, and maybe find a way to change it up. New music, Netflix on your phone....Something to help. but keep going, eventually it will just be one of those things you "need" to do, and when you miss it'll feel bad, instead of going feeling bad.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    You didn't mention what type of exercise.
    For my treadmill time I watch specific TV shows; I'm almost done with Breaking Bad and have gone through a few others; for my stair stepper time I have my favorite youtube channels to watch.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Find something you enjoy, set a fitness goal so you have something to work towards...
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Do what you enjoy. Anything that gets you moving is good, have fun and you will keep it up.
  • Piperx222
    Piperx222 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I agree with finding something you enjoy.
    If you are doing something you don't like, you're not going to stick with it very long. Also, try to switch it up a bit too. If your walking / running outside, take different routes. If your doing videos, have a few in rotation. Same thing with the gym, use a variety of machines (treadmill, elliptical, bike, etc). I really enjoy listening to music during my workouts and find that switching up my playlists frequently helps keep things fresh!
  • nw623
    nw623 Posts: 38 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I am not sure what you're doing to work out, but find something fun. Start off slow. I can't tell you how many people I know have unrealistic goals at first. People who aren't used to working out have the goal of working out vigorously 5 times a week with easy walking as their rest days. Needless to say, they burn out really fast! Slow and steady will get you to your goals.

Also, as others have discussed, find something you like doing! There are a lot of fitness videos on youtube that can give you some inspiration. I get bored easily so it helps to change it up sometimes.