Weight loss goals

Options
I am new to MyFitnessPal and How often do I need to weigh myself(I do it everyday). I am at 184 lb and my goal is 147 lbs. And I would like to hear some success stories for motivation:)

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    You should check the Success Stories forum here.
  • neesa_ross
    neesa_ross Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in every two weeks or so. Weighing in every day wouldn't show much change and can be discouraging. If you want to monitor it more often you could also limit yourself to once a week.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I use a trend app called Libra and weigh in every morning
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Depends. I like to weigh myself every day, plot it up in excel and watch the trends. Some people like to do it once a week because little variations upset them.
  • msmith404040
    msmith404040 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh in every morning at the same time and enter it here on MFP and on the Happy Scale app to chart my progress. I like the info. It inspires me to keep me going or adjust my calories. I started two months ago and a couple of weeks ago and have lost 20 pounds. I now am at 186 and want to get to 125 or so. I'm 5'2" and 53. You can do it!
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and use Trendweight.com to track my overall trend. Also, down 35 pounds since the beginning of the year. You can do it! Just remember slow and steady.