low cal snacks

Options
bg655
bg655 Posts: 2 Member
This is my second week. Lost 3 lbs., then gained back 2 on the weekend! I need ideas for low-cal snacks....healthy, but some that include chocolate. I am finding that recording my food is helping me to control my portions.

Replies

• irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    HI there, welcome! I'm fairly new but I have to have some chocolate too. I eat the sugar-free chocolate puddings, by Hunts for 80 calories, and Skinny Cow has some new candy's out, they have a peanut butter and chocolate bar that is 110 calories, that is delicious. Hope that helps!
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Strawberries dipped in melted dark chocolate are one of my favorites! As long as you don't overdo it with the chocolate it's a really tasty (and healthy) treat! You can also try dipping other fruit like banana, blueberries, grapes, etc.
  • terri0804
    Options
    hello.... ive been here for 5 weeks now and i have learn how to control my eating and the tools here has help out alot...

fresh fruits and veggies are low cal...i like eating graham cracker w/ p butter mostly at nite ..it seems to keep me satisfied up until I have my breakfast in the morning..

Terri

feel free to add me if you like
  • kayp1
    kayp1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Depends whether it's sweet or savoury, having said that I tend to snack on Alpen light bars or caramel rice cakes when I want something sweet, or savoury rice cakes.
    The chilli flavoured are really quite tasty.

If you like desserts, try a trifle sponge in the bottom of a glass with summer fruits in a sugar free jelly. I tend to buy the frozen ones, pour them on the top of the trifle sponge while they are still frozen and then pour a luke warm jelly on the top. In no time at all it sets. Very tangy and refreshing.

Good luck!
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Snacks..... Hard Boiled Eggs, Slices of rolled up Turkey, Plain Non fat Greek Yogurt, Light String Cheese, Granny Smith Apples. You could put some chocolate chips in the yogurt to get your fix, too! I try to eat snacks that keep the sugars down. Too much fructose (from fruit) can inhibit weight loss. I also try to stay away from artificial sweeteners. Fake food doesn't have any benefit for your body.
  • Jholt47
    Jholt47 Posts: 20
    Options
    It's ok to skip snacking all together but if you need something go with a high protein snack like a 2% cheese stick or beef jerky.
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    vitatops are delicious and only 100 calories.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I love bananas w/peanut butter ;)
  • mollykat73
    mollykat73 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Cocoa Roasted Almonds are an awesome snack!
  • TamiFanni
    Options
    Fiber Plus Dark Chocolate Almond Bar 130c:tongue:
  • Olivia1977
    Olivia1977 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My "go to " snacks:

Chobani Yogurt--- 140-160 calories and full of protien
    Fiber One Brownies ( Chocolate Fudge)
    90 calories and 20% daily fiber
    Special K Chocolate PB protien/meal bars
    180 calories and 10 grams of protien and 5 grams of fiber
    Fruit ( Apples are especially good and full of fiber)-- usually under 100 calories a cup
    Orville Redenbacker's Microwave Caramel Popcorn--- 20 calories a cup
    Snack size Bags of chips----around 150 calories a bag
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream
    between 100 - 170 calories per serving and delicious!!!
  • bg655
    bg655 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for all your replies. I received some new suggestions. After reading your posts, I think that the support will be a positive factor for me as well.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I just had a 100 calorie pack of chocolate pretzels. I was craving chocolate like crazy all day! It was amazing! :) Well worth 100 calories.
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers coconut candies
    Weight watchers ice cream bar - Tastes just like snickers bar
    Fiber one bars
    Fiber one brownies
    Vita top muffins
    almonds
    light string cheese
    sugar free boston cream pie jello puddings
    sugar free jello tapioca pudding