Which part of your belly is the largest?

Options
Which part of your belly is the largest? Waist, At belly button, below belly button (lower ab)?

I've lost 3 inches from my waist, 2 inches at my belly button, but my lower abs are just hanging on the fat. It's got to catch up soon. :)

Replies

• yung_baller_86
    yung_baller_86 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    lower belly too! really struggle with everything below the belly button. ugh. annoying! good luck!
  • x_stephisaur_x
    x_stephisaur_x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Lower belly! It’s always been where I’ve carried the most weight. Even at my lightest it was still my problem area!

I like the idea of measuring different parts of your belly though, I only measure my waist but I’m going to measure the bigger bit too!
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Lower. I'm at goal weight and I still feel like I look 3 months pregnant.

I do know what I need to do to get rid of some of it (recomp) but I just can't get my mind wrapped around that. I'm awesome at regulating my diet, but my workouts are sparing to say the least. Here's to new concepts and new goals!

• AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Lower belly. It likely won't ever fully go away regardless of how much weight I lose either.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I would say lower is largest measurement wise, but not because of fat, but because of anatomy (that's where my hips start)
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    lower belly
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Above my waist carries more fat.

My belly button is at my waist and I am relatively flat below compared with above. B-belly and apple.

Agree with sardelsa, that the tape shows the lower at a higher number because of bone structure.

Cheers, h.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    So when people say lower belly, do they mean below the belly button? My widest spot is definitely belly button, I didn't realize lower was so common.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Below the belly button! I have a pouch that just hangs there from pregnancy and I can't seem to get rid of it
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    So when people say lower belly, do they mean below the belly button? My widest spot is definitely belly button, I didn't realize lower was so common.

It really depends where your belly button is. I never knew mine was higher than most, or that some people's waists were in a different place than mine until I saw other women's torsos on this site.
    Innocent I know but I never gawped at women in the changing room and all my family is the same- sit down and your belly button disappears into your waist dent.

Cheers, h.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Lower belly for me. I've learned to love my little round belly over the years though (most of the time). It will shrink a little more with getting back to goal (though that's only ~2kg away), and with recomp, but it's just one of those places where I carry a wee pocket of fat for use in the zombie apocalypse.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I was wondering this. Mine is definitely my navel
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

It really depends where your belly button is. I never knew mine was higher than most, or that some people's waists were in a different place than mine until I saw other women's torsos on this site.
    Innocent I know but I never gawped at women in the changing room and all my family is the same- sit down and your belly button disappears into your waist dent.

Cheers, h.

Huh, good point. I avoid the success posts because the photos are NSFW for my workplace.

ETA: I just spent some time on the success photos thread, and apparently my belly looks kind of... mannish, at least from the side. From the front I've got a pretty visible hourglass happening. That's hilarious. I really do have a beer (wine) belly! Well, it's on the way out!
  • Javagal2778
    Javagal2778 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Lower for me, too. After having 4 babies, I don't think it will ever be the same.
  • MatthewRuch
    MatthewRuch Posts: 165 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The part that is more rotund than all the others!

gmemd5dfz9xn.gif
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Lower for me. I don't measure but I see it. It's annoying but I know my diet is why it's there.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    my biggest bit re inchs is my belly button.

BUT

I know from being smaller and bigger that my problem area is under belly button and even when I drop inchs from BB under it still looks awful and hangs.
    guess I have 5 babies and an emergancy c section to thank for that.

will deal with that area once Iv sorted the rest I guess and just hope that it improves as the lbs come off
  • missevil
    missevil Posts: 113 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Definitely the waist region above the belly button. In German, it's called a lifesaver (Rettungsring, I think it's called muffin top in English?). I used to have two lifesavers, one above the belly button, one below. The lower one is slowly but steadily shrinking, which is pretty nice since it makes me drop in pant's size. However, the upper one is stubborn.
  • okohjacinda
    okohjacinda Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Lower belly (under belly button region) but I've had it for so long now that I am starting to just embrace it and wear clothes that disguise it like baby doll dresses or skirts that flair out, blouses with a belt around my waist or leggings that hold it in a bit and accentuate my waist which is getting smaller the more I lose. It sucks that no matter how small I get, I may not be able to wear certain cute outfits, but its something I just have to live with.
  • R2che
    R2che Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Just above my belly button for me. It's so stubborn!