Finding time

I pretty much mastered fitting in eating healthy in my crazy schedule. It just comes down to smart choices and disipline. But I find its alot tougher getting workouts in, or schould I say the right workouts in. I want to get a healthy mix of cardio and weights ( more so weights) in my week. So between the gym and my house I've gotten some control over it. Or so I thought. I can run anywhere, leave the car home, run from work to the grocery store whatever. And if I wanted to workout at midnigtht then weights wouldn't be an issue. Just looking for some tips or workouts that are effective and fast to fill this whole.

Replies

• shagerty777
    shagerty777 Posts: 185 Member
    I have to get up at 5 am and go to the gym. If I don't, it doesn't happen for me. Same with my running.
  • Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    Me too, I get up at 5:10 every day to get a work out in before work. It's the only thing that I am sure to follow through on!
  • warrenlightyear
    warrenlightyear Posts: 18 Member
    It's been a challenge. I have three kids and a wife that typically puts in three hours at the gym herself. Basically it has come down to making it a priority for me just like my wife did.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Getting up earlier is the sacrifice I ultimately decided upon to get my runs in during the week. I have actually grown to love it over time since I live in a densely urban environment where about the only relative tranquility to be had is at 5 AM. I also like this because my time after work is then my own to do whatever.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Aplant77 wrote: »
    Me too, I get up at 5:10 every day to get a work out in before work. It's the only thing that I am sure to follow through on!

Same with me - up at 5.20 to fit it in before work.
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    I to get up at 4:30 to workout at 5:00am. It's the only way I can fit my workouts in. And it's my only 'me' time of the day.
  • roderickm40
    roderickm40 Posts: 29 Member
    So early to rise it is. Thanks everyone.
  • Pamshebamm181
    Pamshebamm181 Posts: 92 Member
    I go to the gym straight from work.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,431 Member
    I'm a morning person and usually in bed by 10:00 so it's 5:00 am on the rowing machine or elliptical for me now. I'm trying to squeeze some resistance band workouts into the evenings.