AUGUST MILES CHALLENGE!!!

Options
Come one and come all to the AUGUST MILES CHALLENGE!!!

****THE CHALLENGE WILL OFFICIALLY START AUGUST 8TH ... BUT KEEP TRACK OF ALL MILES STARTING WITH AUGUST 1ST****

JULY MILES PARTICIPANTS: You may keep your original teammates if you choose. If you're missing people start recruiting, or let me know via MFP message and I will assign you a newbie.

NEWBIES AND NEW TEAMS ARE WELCOME!
--Anyone interested in joining the challenge can post right here in the thread whether you have a team or if you need a team. All new members needing a team will be assigned a team (by me) by Friday, August 5th.
--If you have an existing team, have you captain post your team name and it's members so I know who you are.
--I will post all new teams and their members Friday evening (I’m on Eastern standard time)
--New teams must choose a captain and pick a team name. I will also post existing teams and names by Friday so we do not have repeat names.

RULES: (they are slightly different this month)
1. Each team must elect a captain and choose a team name. You will coordinate with your captain how you will report your miles to them (message, email, private thread, etc).
2. TEAM CAPTAINS will post current mileage totals twice a week: Mondays and Thursdays.
3. Bike miles will only be accepted if you use the mileage calculation found here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjWq8Ca1b4hfdDdOcTl5azVVNWxuRVNoNHdKc2FaSGc&hl=en_US&authkey=CP-sk6sF
4. HAVE FUN!!!!

Team Captains should post current miles to date on Mondays and Thursdays. Existing teams rolling over from last month can start on Thursday 8/4.
The first official post will start on Monday 8/8. This will give time for new teams to get acquainted and track miles etc.

We will be using THIS formula to give every person/team credit for their miles:

TEAM NAME
Miles as of <DATE>:

TEAMMATE 1- 1 miles
TEAMMATE 2- 2 miles
TEAMMATE 3- 3 miles
TEAMMATE 4- 4 miles

Total TEAM NAME miles - 10 Miles

Some things to keep in mind:
It's basically like every other challenge we've done so far except you're only keeping track of YOUR miles and adding them to YOUR TEAM.
It's just for fun so don't worry about "bringing your team down", this is all just encouragement to keep everyone moving their bodies!

Replies

• asilmegan34
    asilmegan34 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I wanna join! Unless I dont log enough miles to be considered... About 35 miles a month
  • sp53
    sp53 Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm a newbie. Can you assign me a team?
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join. This is my first time so I'm not with a team. I only run about 12-15 miles per week.
  • marcyj
    marcyj Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I want to join, too! I'm a newbie so I need a team. :)
  • JayBee380
    JayBee380 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie. Can you assign me a team. My goal will be 45 miles for August.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Plodding Along is in!

amsparky
    LimeyTart
    mnsmith83
    Millie00
  • KasandraKristine
    KasandraKristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi- I'm a newbie but would love to do this challenge! I just did my first 5K last Saturday and am signed up for another one in 2 weeks.
  • Sway
    Sway Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! We'll let you know if our group members are the same!! Thanks for doing this!!
  • littlemount
    Options
    I am a newbie can you assign me a team
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking over, I really appreciate it!

I'm definitely in. I'll check back with you to see if my original team is in!
  • vjohnso3
    vjohnso3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm new and would also like to join!
  • myanko
    myanko Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm hopeful that Team MARS will be back! I will be the team leader!!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I'm new and would like to join a team. I usually run 12-15 miles/week, and do some walking, swimming and biking. I'm the tiniest bit confused as which miles count? I understand that biking miles need to be recalculated, but if you're walking or running, do you just use your actual mileage?
  • hardatwork45
    hardatwork45 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am new here and would like to be assigned a team, I don't know if you could use me but I have bad knees so I have to use the elliptical machine and I normally do 4-5 miles a day.
  • mikki3
    mikki3 Posts: 63
    Options
    What a neat idea. I'm new and would love to join a team. I currently do 12 miles/week.

Cheers!
    Michelle
  • SKelley1218
    SKelley1218 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I would like to join if theres room and I am new so I would need a team
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    @srp2011 Yes walking, running, elliptical, stepper all use the mileage as is. Biking should be recalculated using the formula in the link in the original post. Feel free to message me if you have more questions!
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Sole Sisters are in but I think we need 1 more member. Princessinpower did not log more than twice last month =(
  • 3aBadkids
    Options
    I'd like to join in...I run about 15 miles/week. I'll need a team.... :bigsmile: