Not losing weight

Options
Okay I am very confused.They say eat 1200 calories a day and if you eat less you'll body can go into starvation mode.Lately I have only been eating in the 750-900 range.Im not starving myself im just not hungry and when I try to eat more my stomach hurts from basically stuffing myself to try to meet the 1200 calories.Also,I dont eat after 7pm and I run nightly and I am starting to swim every other day.I try to do Pilates every other day also.I am not losing weight.

Does anyone know whats wrong with me ):

Replies

• brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    Eating way too little.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheSarahHill
    Options
    Eating way too little.

Agreed, at least eat things with higher cals, cals are energy and if you are doing all that exercise then your body will go into starvation mode. x
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could try eating peanut butter or other nuts, like almonds or walnuts. They tend to be high calorie and still pretty healthy. That may help you reach at least 1200.
  • nudqt
    nudqt Posts: 98
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense food....peanut butter comes to mind....not a lot of quantity, but high in calories.
  • PamelaRose88
    Options
    agreed- not eating enough, especially if you're exercising so much, you're probably burning all of the calories you've eaten for the day just in your daily rountine. Then by working out, you're burning more calories and you're body is probably freaking out and going, like you said, into "starvation" mode, storing fat .
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I agree also that you are eating way too few calories, try to eat foods that are higher in calories if you feel like you cant eat another small meal or something. It will hurt you in the long run if you continue to eat that little.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Your body is holding onto to anything right now due to how low in calories you are eating. That is why you are not losing any weight. What will then happen is because you are not eating enough, your body will then attack your muscles for energy. How much are you trying to lose? Maybe you are already within a healthy weight range?
    I would say to bump up your calories (because you do need to), buy some protein powder. Mix that with some water, maybe add a banana and (if you want) some peanut butter. Try that to start!
  • destaniekristina
    Options
    I am trying to eat more.Its the fact that my stomach feels like its going to explode if I do.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Up your calories.... Avocado, nuts, and olive oil are easy ways to add calories and not add bulk
  • destaniekristina
    Options
    Okay :D
    Ill try this.thank you guys
  • TheSarahHill
    Options
    Up your calories.... Avocado, nuts, and olive oil are easy ways to add calories and not add bulk

Yep and fish!