I feel so fat

Options
nikikayla02
nikikayla02 Posts: 2 Member
edited September 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Today I meal Prepped for the week and hoping that it helps me lose weight I don't always feel like exercising because I have to do it alone does anyone have some fun exercises I can do and some cool meal Prep ideas that will help me lose weight faster . I have 3 kids I'm 27 years old and I just feel fat today I need some motivation please feel free to add me as a friend if you think you can motivate me and help me with ideas are meal prepping and exercising thanks in advance.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I have a normal BMI and I feel fat from time to time. Doesn't mean much. It's more useful to rely on objective data, like the numbers on the scale.

Meal prep is just making meals in advance. Nothing helps you lose weight. You lose weight through consistently eating less than you burn. Meal prepping can help you with portion control, and portion control can help you eat less. You don't lose weight faster by meal prepping. You lose faster when you have a greater calorie deficit. The less you eat, the faster you lose. But you can't just stop eating or eat too little, you'll be hungry and binge. You have to find a balance. The calorie goal MFP gave you, is a good starting point.

You don't have to exercise to lose weight. Nobody can know what you will think is fun. I like to walk, run, dance and play. I would love to have kids to play with.
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I walk the dog on my own everyday for an hour but have subscribed to Audible so have plenty to listen too, mostly I just enjoy the peace and quiet (3 kids too!).
    You will find something to suit you, try different things, even prancing about to music or going up and down the stairs a few extra times!
    best of luck and remember it's a learning process
  • RachsLosses
    RachsLosses Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Here's a little high intensity workout you can do at home only takes 5 minutes (I like to do it during adverts)

Set a timer for 5 minutes and in that time you have to complete as much of the following as you can.
    40 squats
    30 lunges
    20 burpees
    10 push ups

If you complete the exercises within the 5 mins start again from the top and go until the time is up.

Bonus round if you have more time;
    Once you have completed that you can move onto the following which is used as an active rest
    20 sit ups + 30 second plank
    20 mountain climbers + 30 seconds V hold

20 Russian twists + 30 seconds flutter kicks https://google.co.uk/search?biw=1440&bih=815&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=flutter+kicks&oq=flutter+kicks&gs_l=psy-ab.3...122706.124319.0.124509.13.8.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..13.0.0....0.Ch0CnATY1M4

Repeat throughout the day or do as many rounds as you can in one burst.

I hate those days where you feel flubby but remember,
    - There are so many factors that affect the body
    - Weight loss isn't linear
    - You have to keep going
    - A little work is better than no work!
  • TRXRocks
    TRXRocks Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Today I meal Prepped for the week and hoping that it helps me lose weight I don't always feel like exercising because I have to do it alone does anyone have some fun exercises I can do and some cool meal Prep ideas that will help me lose weight faster . I have 3 kids I'm 27 years old and I just feel fat today I need some motivation please feel free to add me as a friend if you think you can motivate me and help me with ideas are meal prepping and exercising thanks in advance.

Why do you need to work out alone?
  • sportynad9
    sportynad9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Here is what has helped me :)

Get a Nintendo Wii (with the Balance Board and some Wii Fit games). You can get them cheap on eBay these days. It has really helped me a lot with exercising and it's fun at the same time because it'd basically all games.
    Even when I come back from work all tired, I generally manage to at least do something for 15-30 minutes, and that's a good start I think. It's not extremely intense (unless you choose games like jogging, stepping etc.) but I generally burn about 100 calories during that time.
    Also, I used go dancing quite regularly, but the effort it takes to get to the dancing studio (which is about 30 minutes away from where I live) stopped me from going which really annoyed me. I fixed this issue by getting the Wii "Michael Jackson" game which teaches you all of his choreographies and is a lot of fun, and it also burns about 400 calories an hour. And you can do it all at home.
    I'm sure there are many more games as well that I haven't tired yet which are similarly fun and burn a lot of calories, so this might be worth a shot for you?
  • roadhazzard369
    roadhazzard369 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    As a psychologist, if one of my clients said this to me I would immediately suspect depression. I can't diagnose over the internet, but if you feel this may be the case then I would suggest addressing it.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    As a psychologist, if one of my clients said this to me I would immediately suspect depression. I can't diagnose over the internet, but if you feel this may be the case then I would suggest addressing it.

Heck, I've been maintaining for over 7 years at 100-105 lbs (5'1) and some days I even feel fat.
    This is not depression, or body dismorphia. It is a bit of water retention, bloating, or a fleeting wish that I had the dedication to recomp with a bit more consistency.

There is nothing wrong with a 'feeling fat today' day.

Cheers, h.
    ( if, given my stats, I had this thought permanently I would need some help with my body image. With the OP, we don't know her stats and it is a day)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Everybody feels that way from time to time even if they're at their optimal weight. Get up off the couch and move and that feeling usually goes away.

If you don't want to workout alone try joining a class somewhere. I do both yoga and aquasize (water aerobics) and it's fun to do with others. Another idea for workouts is to join a challenge here on MFP where everyone is doing the same or similar workouts and then reporting back. There are also workouts you can do at the park, so take your kids and see what you can do together even if it's just walking around with the baby stroller.

http://www.parents.com/fun/sports/a-fun-playground-workout-for-parents-and-kids/

Meal prep can be fun, too. I watched Rachel Ray this morning and they were doing mason jar salads. You can make several at a time and then have healthy lunches or dinners. As another poster mentioned, some great ideas on Pinterest!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Get the kids and go for a walk. You will feel better for it and also will be teaching your children healthy habits.
  • astreblow16
    astreblow16 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Look up Blogilates on YouTube! Casey is a great motivational trainer! I love doing her videos! She also has a workout calendar you can print off!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    There are tons of you tube videos- I work out at home BUT I use these videos and there "feels" like there is a friend doing it with me- I asked everybody to go walking and no-one wanted to do it- so I turned to youtube- and leslie sansone, pahla bowers , jessica smithtv, also love gospel workouts so I can do my devotional and get a workout in while praising God- You got this- also as said you do not have to exercise tolose weight- but IT give us more calories than without exercise on mfp- so I make sure to workout some days so I can 'eat more" lol- good luck