Getting fit and over 50

Options
valgal47
valgal47 Posts: 1 Member
I'm over 50 and seeking support and perhaps someone to run, hike, and go to the gym with in the Astoria area. Have about 12-15 pounds to lose.

Replies

• chotradat2017
    chotradat2017 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Val!! I recently started this new weight loss program and I'm just so excited to get a hold of something that actually works! I don't normally reach out to people like this but I can't keep it to myself I want other people to reach their goals too! Since I started this weightless program about 1 month ago and to be honest I haven't even been watching my diet as closely as normal and I only workout two or three times a week and I have had amazing results. I've lost a total of 20 pounds and 5 dress sizes so far... I've never been so pumped about going to the beach in my life. Bring on the summer!! As a mother I felt exhausted all the time lack of energy and drive but since I started taking this amazing program I feel alive again. I have so much energy to get my workouts done and be the mother I've always wanted to be. It's so hard to balance life with work, parenting and being fit and healthily. I know how it can be a lot. The struggle is real. If you are looking for something with real results just message me. I've tried everything on the market and nothing compares to this. You are not alone! If you want more info please just add me to facebook Christine Hotradat inbox for more info. I would love to share all the details. Take care!
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and I'm hitting the gym every morning. Feeling great
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    56 here--Lost 28# and gained a little in maintenance, am trying to lose just a few again. This site helps so much, especially if you have friends to keep you in line.
  • Josiejo0701
    Josiejo0701 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was on here a few months back and lost 40 pounds. I want to lose another 50. I ran into some health issues and had to stop for a while, but I'm back and ready to pick up where I left off. I'm going to have to approach this differently than before because I found out that I have MS. These last few months I have had difficulty just walking across the floor let alone exercising. You cannot handle heat, cold, exertion, and your number one complaint is being exhausted all the time. So I'm going to have to do this very slowly. Before all this weight gain, I was a fitness instructor and then my health took a nose-dive starting when I had breast cancer. From there it went downhill. At that point, the pounds just started packing on until I reached 240 lbs. I know that if I want to be healthy I need to get down to around 150 again. That is where I feel my best. So can you add me to your group and let's all do this together???
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hello, Welcome to MFP!! Tracking your food is so helpful, Log everything accurately, you can do this!! All the best!!
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend!!
  • AlexYachiru
    AlexYachiru Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You can add me
  • cpacurrie1
    cpacurrie1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to get fit. I just signed up for premium and I really like it.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I am 50 and needing to recommit to my fitness and diet program. Feel free to add me
  • Golfer_Jim
    Golfer_Jim Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and I'm hitting the gym every morning. Feeling great

Same here with only difference I am 57!!!
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    valgal47 wrote: »
    I'm over 50 and seeking support and perhaps someone to run, hike, and go to the gym with in the Astoria area. Have about 12-15 pounds to lose.

You got it.... this is a great place to meet like-minded folks. I'm over 5o as well, and trying to lose weight and get healthy. Feel free to add me.