Any opinions on the Alli pill

Options
2»

Replies

• ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    It made me lose 2 pounds in the matter of seconds. Of course, my underwear budget has skyrocketed.

:laugh: Im sorry but I lmbo @ your comment.... to the OP I've never tried it but also heard the same about it giving you the runs all day if you eat something fattening. Not sure how good the product is but I would just stick to eating better and exercise.
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    No offense to the OP but I found this thread to be hysterical. I didn't know what Alli was and thought people must be exaggerating so I looked it up on the NIH website and it said this about side effects:

oily spotting on underwear or on clothing

gas with oily spotting

urgent need to have a bowel movement

loose stools

oily or fatty stools

increased number of bowel movements

difficulty controlling bowel movements

pain or discomfort in the rectum (bottom)

stomach pain

irregular menstrual periods

headache

anxiety

Sounds sort of not worth it...

Debbie
  • Tdavy814
    Tdavy814 Posts: 28
    Options
    Its all true, oily discharge, happens and you may not know it till its too late, stains your clothes... JUST NOT FUN, I would not recommend any one take this... Slim quick for women works for me
  • Sunjenk
    Sunjenk Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    No offense to the OP but I found this thread to be hysterical. I didn't know what Alli was and thought people must be exaggerating so I looked it up on the NIH website and it said this about side effects:

oily spotting on underwear or on clothing

gas with oily spotting

urgent need to have a bowel movement

loose stools

oily or fatty stools

increased number of bowel movements

difficulty controlling bowel movements

pain or discomfort in the rectum (bottom)

stomach pain

irregular menstrual periods

headache

anxiety

Sounds sort of not worth it...

Debbie

Too funny :) I agree with you
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I used it several years ago. I lost 14 pounds using it. It's the *kitten*!!
    Just remember to always keep a spare pair or two of clean undies and a change of clothes. You get used to the oil slicks, it was the inability to trust in a regular old fart that was hardest. Because you never know when BP is gonna blow a valve. You learn pretty quickly to severely reduce the fats and oils in your dietary intake. Let's leave it with a shift in the ER (no bathroom breaks), tan scrubs, and pepperoni pizza for lunch was a hard and painful lesson...
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I used it several years ago. I lost 14 pounds using it. It's the *kitten*!!
    Just remember to always keep a spare pair or two of clean undies and a change of clothes. You get used to the oil slicks, it was the inability to trust in a regular old fart that was hardest. Because you never know when BP is gonna blow a valve. You learn pretty quickly to severely reduce the fats and oils in your dietary intake. Let's leave it with a shift in the ER (no bathroom breaks), tan scrubs, and pepperoni pizza for lunch was a hard and painful lesson...

Im sorry!!! lol
  • mayflowerak
    Options
    LOL
    you guys are funny:-)))
  • DeBiKin
    DeBiKin Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I have never laughed so hard at any of the replies as I have to all of these, my eyes are watering!!! I know it was a serious question but I think that even though the replies were hilarious, I also think they are serious enough to take Alli with caution (if at all).
    BTW: Less fat in=less fat out is true with or without Alli.

5465113.png
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I used it last year for a few months and lost almost fifty pounds. I tend to use it for about two months, and then I'll be in good enough eating habits that I stop taking the pills. Unfortunately, I let myself slip into really bad eating habits when we moved, but now I'm back on Alli and retraining my body to good eating habits and losing weight again.
    I can count the number of times I had any sort of bathroom related accident on one hand. You really have to watch what you eat. And yeah, there have been times where I totally would have broken my diet and gotten those fried cheese curds if I didn't know that I would seriously pay for it.
    So I'm weak willed enough to appreciate having that personification of alli standing on my right shoulder saying "no, seriously, don't eat that crap."
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    OMG........ I had to stop reading this topic because I was laughing so hard my coworkers were asking me what was so funny! I know it's not a joke to the poster.. but lord have mercy some of the comments are hilarious!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    All I've heard it it makes you fart/crap oil and stain your pants. No thanks.

That sounds like "Xenical"
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    All I've heard it it makes you fart/crap oil and stain your pants. No thanks.

That sounds like "Xenical"

That's because it is. "Alli" is the version approved without a prescription, I'm not sure how or if the dosage varies from Xenical.

This thread has had me cracking up!