need to workout!! need motivation!! cant get off my butt

Options
HI all, I just got home from work and I had a hard day. I promised myself I would do some kind of workout today. I have no energy and am in bed in front of TV already (my usual routine) why can't I get off my butt? If I do get up what should I do? I dont have any workout equipment, no gym membership, and around my house is not the best place to walk. Help help!

Replies

• FallonMCal
    Options
    google a circuit workout. Jumping jacks for 1 min. Jump rope a min. Pushups. crunches. Keep doing circuits.
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You can always do push ups, bicycles, lunges, squats, planks...you don't NEED equipment, memberships or a good neighborhood for those :)

Good luck & get up lol
  • Heatherfl05
    Options
    Do you happen to have on demand tv through your cable company? If so you can go to ondemand fitness and there are some great workouts you can follow along with. I love the walking one because you can do it in the comfort of your own living room and you can start low and work your way up when you are ready.
  • promiseskept
    Options
    Get a stepper from walmart...set a pace and watch your tv shows! Its the ticket!
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Any stairs? Sometimes I would put music on and step up and down the first step in my house for 15 20 minutes
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    If it's not too dark out (and you feel comfortable with the idea) just go for a nice, easy jog. Or you could just turn on some music and dance your butt off! I use Women's Health Magazine website a lot for no-gym/no-equipment workouts (or very limited equipment). Check it out! There's always something you can do :) Losing weight doesn't require a membership to a fancy gym or stylish workout clothes. Just your own motivation and a little bit of imagination :-D
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Any stairs? Sometimes I would put music on and step up and down the first step in my house for 15 20 minutes
    Like this idea
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I've actually checked out dvds from the library...I love the Leslie Sansone walking dvds and trust me you may think you aren't going to get a work out, if you keep up with her you will! or a good friend will just march in front of the tv at a fast pace and that too will burn a lot...I know the challenge for today was 100 jumping jacks...just be sure to get up and move!!!
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Like this idea

I love this too, just make sure that if you are in apts and the stairs are inside you don't drive your neighbors crazy! Take it from me I have elephants that live upstairs and even their normal up and down the stairs is loud! Of course I now may use this as revenge to their running...
  • watcherII
    watcherII Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem. a few tricks i came up with: start the day off with a yoga 'sun salutation'. you can find the pose sequence online, and it's a good way to wake yourself up with some movement and the stretching feels great. i often find that i'm then motivated to get in some more exercise like sit ups, squats, etc., but even if i do nothing else, i've gotten some activity in. i drink a lot of water and other beverages, and i used to fill up a 64oz cup so that i wouldn't have to get up to refill it often. now i use a 20oz cup, which i fill to the top with ice before i fill it so i have to get up a lot to refill. each time i get up, for whatever reason, i do a set of squats or calf raises, or a minute of step ups on a 9 inch riser. add them all up, and i usually do 10 sets and 10-15 mins. of step ups. and they do add up to significant exercise! i also walk wherever i need to go within a mile or so of my house. just doing that for work means i walk 3 miles a day, 5 days a week. even if you don't get a "real" workout in, all the little minutes spent on any activity can add up to a decent days' exercise. as for motivation, i've found that doing these things have made me want to do more, since i feel better already! one last thing that has helped is some of my friends on facebook are doing the 100 day challenge. you do at least 30 mins. of exercise every day for 100 days, and you have to post your progress on your FB page, ie. 7/100, walked 30mins. or biked 4omins. just knowing my friends are going to notice if i don't post motivates me to workout, it holds me accountable. hope this helps. good luck, and remember, smart choices!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I've actually checked out dvds from the library...I love the Leslie Sansone walking dvds and trust me you may think you aren't going to get a work out, if you keep up with her you will! or a good friend will just march in front of the tv at a fast pace and that too will burn a lot...
    I did the same thing! Due to back concerns, headaches, and a painful "bouncing" I can't do high impact but I have checked out just about every low impact and yoga workout video they have - the last 2 I haven't tried yet here in my living room now waiting for their rotation into this weeks workouts! I did it this way to figure out which ones worked which ones didn't so I could buy them later... I really like 2 of the biggest loser workouts and I bought them both off of ebay for a total of $7 including shipping... I also have netflix and have tried all the streaming video workouts they have and fell in love with "Self: Bikini Ready Fast!" Great beginner upper body circuit video... I am stalking that on Ebay now ;)

I have slowly bought workout equipment over the years - a little here and there but before I did I used canned foods (equally balanced) for weights, etc to be able to work out without "proper" equipment...

Hope this helps!!
    Good luck!!!!!
  • leslyta
    leslyta Posts: 70
    Options
    http://www.women-workout-routines.com/

they have short workouts.. I usually do them when I know i wont have much time to work out.. that way ull start for short periods until u get used to it..