Plant based fitnesss

Options
Hi guys starting today I'm keeping track of my macros. Also going vegan. While keeping a good work out routine. I'm excited. New to this app. Add me.

Replies

• fallenangel626
    fallenangel626 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic app....like you I am also plant based. Been vegan two years and never looked back. Good luck!
  • RainbowLube
    RainbowLube Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am not currently plant based but I have considered it because I've heard it helps people get off of medicine for things like GERD, cholesterol, and various other things. I do not think I am ready for that level of commitment but I am eating less meat by a lot. If tofu is an option I tend to go towards it over meat.

Either way good luck!
  • ChiChiDoesStuff
    ChiChiDoesStuff Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Cool! I'm new too. I just wanted to warn y'all real quick to make sure you're getting enough iron. When you're doing a vegan diet, it's harder to get enough iron cause it's often found in meat (especially red meat). Please don't think I'm trying to tell you to stop being vegan, cause I'm not. Veganism does have a lot of health benefits.
  • ptcampgymokc
    ptcampgymokc Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I love the app, it helped me to see where I was going astray in my food intake.

Good Luck!
  • Inez85Melissa
    Inez85Melissa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to my veggie journey needs some fellow plant-based friends!
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I am vegetarian.
    Not Vegan, but my Iron and haemoglobin levels are higher now than when I ate meat.
    Both Vegans and Vegetarians eat lentils, legumes, nuts and seeds as well as green leafy vegetables.
    As long as your diet is wide and varied, there is no reason you will be low in any nutrients.

An added bonus- We process stored fat better.
    Meaning we strip away the fat not only from those tough areas ( like thighs and butt), but intramuscular and around the organs).

https://www.upi.com/Study-Vegetarian-diets-twice-as-effective-at-weight-loss/8021497276268/