I hurt my knee what can I do to exercise

Options
So My knee popped out a week ago and I am still in some discomfort. Or pain if I try to much to be on it. Yet I want to exercise. Help?!?

Replies

• EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    As someone who has suffered from several dislocations and finally major surgery to fix the problem that caused them just let me second notreallyChris. Go to your doctor and have them refer you to physical therapy.

You'll get quite a personalized workout and be sure to keep doing the exercises when not at the therapists office, you don't want the surgery I had! Not fun at all.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    You need to see an orthopedist. Please whatever you do don't take any advice from anybody on this website. Even though their intentions maybe good they could tell you to do something that'll really screw up your knee even worse. An orthopedist in conjunction with a physical therapist will give you a training routine to help strengthen the knee.
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    If you excersize now you may ruin your knee forever. Get professional help and regain function slowly. You can always do seated upper body weights in the mean time. Good luck.
  • danny27greaves
    danny27greaves Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Handstands.