Doing the Ketogenic Diet

Options
Hello All,
I am new to myfitnesspal and I am using this tool to help me in my quest to ultimately lose 30 pounds. It really makes a difference to see what it is you are consuming. Keto Life!

Jennifer

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of threads where people discuss keto. Doing a search of the forums will definitely help you find a community to join and a support group of people who are doing the same thing. You won't be disappointed!
  • rae1721
    rae1721 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Good luck ....I just started Keto last Monday and it is hard. Just got over the Keto flu and weighed in and I'm down 8 pounds! Best of luck to you on your new lifestyle .... :-)
  • jennpolkmoore
    jennpolkmoore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer, I've been doing Keto since July 21st and have lost 25 lbs. MFP and Keto work so well together!
  • ikeandmike1212
    ikeandmike1212 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    After trying other diets, starving and losing "water weight," it's so refreshing to make dietary changes and see results!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carb daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • ketofire51
    ketofire51 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer & welcome to the keto WOE! I've been on the program for 7 weeks and lost 26 lbs. I have gotten off one of my BP meds as well as stopping Metformin for T2 diabetes. After you get over the "keto flu", you'll find it gets easier to resist the old eating habits. The high fat regimen keeps you from getting hungry and for me, it also has driven down cholesterol and triglyceride numbers. Add me as friend if you want and GOOD LUCK! Keto on!