Net carbs

Why doesnt my fitness pal compute net carbs??

Replies

• hotbot47
    hotbot47 Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2017
    I don't know but it's easy enough to subtract the fiber to give you the net amount
  • dustinjbrock
    dustinjbrock Posts: 49 Member
    I emailed and asked, it would appear many have asked and that's the responce I got...... It's very easy to figure out.

I'd prefer if it would be a option so it doesn't look like I had high carb days when I just eat a couple avacados but oh well.
  • I don't worry about going over carbs, I know that I need lots to keep me going and as long as they are mainly good carbs I'm happy.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    http://cavemanketo.com/configuring-mfp/

Follow the steps in the link.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Because food labels aren't standardised, and a net carb column would be full of inaccuracies.

There are many net carb entries (add net carb to your search terms) , or just subtract fibre - you can have the fibre column showing at the bottom of your diary (I have it instead of sodium)
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    There are quite a lot of database entries for net carb versions of food.
    If there isn't one for the food you want, you could always add one. Many of them are called something like: XX Protein Bar (Net Carbs), so it would probably be a good idea to have a look at how they're labelled and use a similar convention.