Do you portion your meals.?

I had a craving for pasta, so I made it and portioned everything. I still feel like I shouldn't have eaten it. lol It was a little cup and a half for like 550 calories. I'm still under my goal, but I don't know. I didn't really exercise either besides a trip to the park with my daughter..

Do you portion your dinner and still ok with it.?

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    I usually prelog all my food, so I know what the nutrients are going to add up to first, so I can tweak anything if necessary. So in essence, I guess I do portion my meals.
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    550 for pasta sounds just fine... Noodles are high in calories so you have to expect it. I say good job for measuring everything out so you know what you are putting into your body. Don't feel bad about it!!! Enjoy your pasta.
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    i measure everything i eat. as long as u eat things in moderation and the serving size don't feel guilty. if u do u will fail at weight lose. dont deprive urself of anything. portion control.
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    I weigh and measure almost everything I eat exspecially the meat and cheeses, veggies not so much!!! It's always a good I dea to do it so you make sure your getting a serving size and not double your serving size!!
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    If I portion my meals and am still under, I don't worry about it too much. Now if I eat a lot of it and go over then I start freaking out. I always allow myself to eat whatever I want, just in moderation. Don't deprive yourself of food your craving. Thats not always the best idea. Portion it out just like you did and you should be okay.
  • sffre
    sffre Posts: 19
    I portion my meals. I preload my meals for the day and generally know how much I have for dinner. Breakfast, lunch and 2 snacks are always about the same in calories.
    550 for noodles is a given and if you haven't gone over,I wouldn't worry about it. You have got to give into cravings in moderation of course.
    :)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    I usually prelog all my food, so I know what the nutrients are going to add up to first, so I can tweak anything if necessary. So in essence, I guess I do portion my meals.

I do the same thing!

Don't feel guilty for eating pasta. It's delicious! Eat portions in moderation like you did and enjoy every bite!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    I portion everything, my kitchen scale and measuring utensils get a serious work out every day. If I don't think whatever it is will keep me full I just keep adding grilled or sauteed veggies until my belly is packed. I had over 1300 calories before dinner and I still got out my 3 eggs for egg whites, my 1/3 cup for the veggies, my 1/2 cup for spinach, and my little slice of cheese because that's how I live now. I've tried life without measuring and I failed at it, that's how I ended up here in the first place.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    I eat what I want. Everything in moderation.