New 40's Female Intro

Options
Hello!
Found this site yesterday, looking to join groups, and seek support while encouraging others.
I'm 41, non smoker/non drinker. Vegetarian ( other than my farm eggs, some cheese and dairy).
I need to stick to a daily weight lifting schedule, but I'm having trouble DOING it. Bike rides are 15 mile on hills. Dog walking/running about 2 miles. I've been slacking on bike and dog jogs, and despite trying to write down and chart workouts, it the getting it done, having time in the day that keeps me from it.
I believe that eating WRONG is making my moods ups and down. I eat healthy on my own, but when I'm eating w my partner, PIZZA!!!! I started food journal on here yesterday, a cry for help! I made a lot of bad choices all day. Got honest with myself enough to post it!

I want to stay strong and healthy, and as I'm aging, I see I'm passing up the younger people around me. I hope the online community offers a positive support to keep me motivated to fit in weight lifting no matter what each day! I have no friends in this rural community that eat healthy, that don't smoke or drink, or that share my enthusiasm for hiking, biking, and kayaking. I don't want to give up on being happy and healthy!

Replies

• rileycat1971
    rileycat1971 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! Fellow woman in her 40s here (coming up on 46 yrs ... omg). Congrats on living a healthy life! Food is definitely linked to mood. And yes, it's difficult to eat healthy all the time. I got on the scale this morning and was frustrated because I gained 0.4 lbs, but dammit, I have eaten PERFECTLY (according to the macros) for THREE WHOLE DAYS. I should have lost 10 pounds by now just from that, right?

Looking forward to joining you on this journey.

-- deb
  • tgail10
    tgail10 Posts: 16 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Good for you!! Keep up the good work. I also live in a rural community and things are different out here. I love it!! But keep true to yourself!! I bet you are passing up the younger ones!!