Discipline Equals Freedom - Weight Loss Challenge

Options
burly_man308
burly_man308 Posts: 93 Member
edited September 2017 in Challenges
For anyone who is serious about losing weight, getting into shape, feeling better, improving their health and taking back their life. To make it interesting and hold people accountable, we have a point system. This is a friendly competition. Weekly weigh-in's, weekly exercises to complete, logging of meals and food, motivation, inspiration, encouragement, we have it all. Weekly competitions, monthly competitions, overall competition... this is a place for those who are serious about making a change and are willing to start competing and fighting for their health. In the great words of Jocko Willink, "Discipline equals Freedom"... Let's get to work.

This challenge is being held as a private group which you must join. But to keep it serious, manageable, and accountable, we will only be taking the first 30 people as of right now. Go to the groups tab, search for the Discipline Equals Freedom - Weight Loss Challenge group, and apply. This is a lifestyle changing challenge. While the weight loss is our main goal, we will be implementing changes to our discipline that will allow us to change our habits and lifestyle, so that we may achieve the freedom and success we desire.

Phase 1 begins October 1 and runs through December 31, 2017.

Replies

• fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    I cannot find you in groups, going round in circles...
  • burly_man308
    Options
    Working on it. For right now, post that you are interested and I will send an invite to the first 30 that wish to join. As of now, we already have 5. Hope to see you soon.
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm interested in joining.
  • ekat1234
    ekat1234 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm interested.
  • burly_man308
    Options
    Within the Discipline Equals Freedom Weight Loss Challenge, everything is a challenge where we hold each other accountable. Daily, weekly, monthly, and eventually for the year, we will challenge each other, hold each other accountable, and fight to regain control of our lifestyles.

Here is how the challenge works.

1. Add each other as friends so that we can all be held accountable.
    2. Log your food everyday in your MyFitnessPal food log and complete it at the end of every day. Each day is 1 point for you.
    3. Complete some type of exercise every day. There will be a weekly exercise that you can do each day, which if you complete, you earn 1 point.
    4. Log in each Sunday and record your weight. Any lost weight is eligible for points. (3 lbs = 1 point)
    5. There will be some type of weekly exercise challenge that if you complete, you will earn 3 points. It is strenuous and more demanding, so be prepared for the challenge and reward of extra points.
    6. There will be short term and long term goals and competition periods. These will range from weekly to monthly to quarterly to yearly. Small goals and disciplined decisions will add up to great results over time.
    7. Each month will be a new competition to see who can achieve the most points for the month. These accumulated points will stay with you on your total score, but you get a new monthly point total each month. Every three months we will look at the quarterly score to see who has achieved the most points for the quarter. Same for 6 months, 9 months, and a year. Be prepared for surprise challenges or competitions randomly thrown into the monthly competitions.
    8. Stay engaged, post, talk, encourage, push, and achieve with your fellow competitors.

This competition should be nice and simple. I will post a point chart so that everyone is clear. This challenge is mostly about discipline and accountability. Although we are competing against each other to push each other and better ourselves, ultimately it is you vs. you. Your discipline and your choices are what will help you achieve your goals and ultimately lead you to the freedom you desire in life. Everything is a challenge. Be prepared to work harder than ever before and be rewarded like never before.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    In!
  • scotryan
    scotryan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi - Count me in.. :)
  • burly_man308
    Options
    Awesome. Welcome aboard.
  • rh0322
    rh0322 Posts: 101 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'd like to join! Looking forward losing last lbs for new year.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me!
  • Shardaeeire3
    Shardaeeire3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im in
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to get started. :)
  • burly_man308
    Options
    Great, me either. We still have space available, so if you are motivated and ready to take back your life, change your habits, and improve your discipline, we are looking for you.
  • burly_man308
    Options
    Challenge starts tomorrow.
  • burly_man308
    Options
    Our weight loss challenge starts today. For anyone interested, post here or message us and we'll get you started. Looking forward to our success and anyone who wants to still join.
  • meat513
    meat513 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I am in
  • meat513
    meat513 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've tried to join...
  • daniellemillicent
    Options
    How can I join?
  • LeslieW77