TRX Training - Anyone used these and how long did it take to

Options
Hey there.

I have just built one of these and used it twice ..... honestly ... it is one of the most difficult resistance systems I have ever tried ... I consider myself to be very strong physically and struggled with it.

Could not even complete 2 sets of single leg squats without ending up on the floor with jelly legs!!! haha

anyone used these for a while? I have major Core soreness and that is just after one 20 min session and you puff like an old wind furnace bellows!.....

Here are some links to what the TRX is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mjkrTIsOq4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBrBjpOa5rc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LST3Wfe4Oh0&feature=related

Be good to hear some good stories..... Got Kyokushin training tonight (first time in 7 months - wish me luck)
Cheers
Shane -NZ Battler

Replies

• spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I love TRX. My gym offers classes and it's some serious hard work, but totally worth it. My core felt stronger after the first time. Keep it up and add some new exercises eah time. You'll be so happy you bought one!
  • mocklin
    mocklin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did it for the first time today. I think I'm going to die, but the girls at the gym told me it's totally 'life changing" they said they were fit before (ran and exercised regularly) but nothing changed their body like TRX.
  • erinoldham19
    Options
    i LOVE trx! i wish i could buy straps and have them at home.. that is the greatest investment EVER! i noticed major improvement and tonning in my arms when i did it. once i get back to the gym i plan on using the straps often if not everyday. good luck and have a great time! you can come up with so many things to do with the straps theres always some type of resistance..

now i'm jealous and want my own.. lol
  • yogavegan
    yogavegan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    love TRX, used to do it several times a week and now i am only able to do it once in awhile, but i miss it. those single leg squats are incredibly hard! so are mountain climbers and one arm pull ups!

i am looking forward to getting back to TRX in the fall when my schedule changes. Just stick with it, like anything else, some things get easier but there is always another challenge to look forward to!
  • JoleenHitsPlay
    Options
    I am just getting back into shape and had lap band surgery in March 2011. I can exercise on the elliptical for 30- 45 min at 7-12 resistence and incline at 10 plus. I have also been working out with weights low weight more reps. I have been working out consistently for over a month now for 3 to 5 times a week. I was just wondering when I should try TRX? I saw one class and it looks intense, reminds me of boot camp! yikes I haven't done anything like that in 20 yrs.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I am joining a gym today that has TRX and I'm sooo excited to try it! Looks super hard, but looks like you get excellent results.