Tips for after workday slump?

Options
Hey! My biggest problem (during the workweek) is going back out after a long day to do my cardio. Anyone have any tips for summoning the courage to get it done? I'm typically a morning runner, so doing it in the afternoon is pretty rough/dreadful/not fun.

Replies

• pocntasha
    pocntasha Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    have you tried switching the work out to the am? If evening is a must, I would create and announce to everyone that between8-9pm nothing gets done and no one bothers you. Eventually you will get use to working out at the same time.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Some ladies in my evening class just come straight from work. Would that help?
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    After work just ain't gonna happen for me due to cocktail time. I just get up and out at 4:30 to run. No alarm clock required and my cardio is done before the rest of the world gets up.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Up at 5, light breakfast and either on the street or at the Y at 5:30. Did 7.5K before the sun was up.
  • rach021979
    rach021979 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Don't go home first. Bring your running gear with you.
  • keexity
    keexity Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I think I'm going to switch to morning workouts at 4:30-5 ish
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    @keexity I don't do quite that early, but I run at 5:45. It's super dark, so I got a running hat on Amazon that had LED lights built into the brim and a flashing red light on the back. It helps cars/people see me, and also helps me not trip over a newspaper or cat.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I feel the same after a mentally tough day as a CPS Supervisor....ughhhh, some parents!
    But what I do is come straight home, put on my workout clothes, walk our Labs and then jump on the treadmill. I try not to give myself time to talk myself out if it. If I dress out, I work out!
    Good luck on your run!
  • keexity
    keexity Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    @keexity I don't do quite that early, but I run at 5:45. It's super dark, so I got a running hat on Amazon that had LED lights built into the brim and a flashing red light on the back. It helps cars/people see me, and also helps me not trip over a newspaper or cat.

Good call! Only reason it has to be so early is because my work starts pretty early!

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    keexity wrote: »
    Hey! My biggest problem (during the workweek) is going back out after a long day to do my cardio. Anyone have any tips for summoning the courage to get it done? I'm typically a morning runner, so doing it in the afternoon is pretty rough/dreadful/not fun.

I walk throughout the day ... as part of my commute, at lunch, and after work.
    I also hike stairs on breaks during the day.

But my walks after work are my husband and my "date" time. It's the time we can talk without the distractions of TV, computer and things to do. I really look forward to my after work walks with him. :)