So frustrated....

Options
My husband seems to do all he can to sabotage me when I'm heading in a good direction and feel like my head is in the right place. He brought home PF Changs left overs for me to take for lunch tomorrow. And he loves to play the guilt trip "Oh I brought that home especially for you to eat." Ugh! I've already made a comment about how that's not on the diet. Chinese is like the worst for calories and salt.

Replies

• mcwarren3
    Options
    Be strong! My husband is a junk food addict. He actually does not eat vegetables - unless you count french fries - or "regular food". So, of course, we have the chips, cheetos, cookies, chocolate, etc. in the house. I'm in a Made to Crave class and live by "nothing tastes as good as peace feels". It's working! :happy:
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Something like this is often a sign of someone feeling insecure about themselves. They feel that as you improve yourself you are in some way leaving them behind or will lose interest in them.
  • Texas_Nana
    Texas_Nana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Say thanks, then toss it when he's not looking and eat something healthier. When you are feeling stronger, have a discussion with him about sabotage. When I pointed it out to my hubby, what he was doing, he quit. I don't think he realized what he was doing...or maybe he did know what he was doing but realized I knew what he was doing too... because I put it out there in the open...whatever the case, he stopped.
  • jrolfes
    jrolfes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Smile, say "thank you", and throw it away when he's not looking! Do it fast so there is no turning back! Good luck, girl!
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    maybe if you don't eat it, he won't bring it home anymore. =)
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Often others will try to sabotage you (even spouses) because your success makes them feel badly about themselves.

Stick with it. Tell him that IF he brought something "especially for you" it would have been healthy and mindful of what you are trying to do.

:) Best of luck!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I find that saying "wait til you see me after all of this is done" in a sexy voice will help! :wink:

And if he persists then well, just don't eat the food. He'll eat it if he doesn't want his money to go to waste!

GOOD LUCK
  • jaybee25
    jaybee25 Posts: 117
    Options
    Especially pack his lunch for him with the leftovers lol maybe he doesn't like change to much or thinks you've been working hard and deserve a 'break' . I'm not entirely sure how that feels as my other half is 'apparently' enjoying the change in food habits that he has also had to live with (I'm not cooking more than 1 meal at dinner lol ) but then again he was also the one kicking me in the butt to lose th weight ..and he could go down a couple of inches himself from all the previous bad eating.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    My husband did this at first and I'd always say "oh honey, thank you, you are so very thoughtful. I love you and appreciate it, but I can't eat that so why don't you take it for lunch tomorrow instead? You know what I would love though? I would kill for xyz." When he gave me the guilt trip I'd just laugh like it was a big joke. It took him a couple of weeks, but he stopped being that kid of thoughtful and would instead bring me xyz.