Running stroller recommendations?

Options
DX2JX2
DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
As per title. No budget limit. What features/characteristics are important? I'm a recreational runner so don't need anything built for elite training or anything. Just something safe and easy to use for easy runs and general stroller use.

Replies

• ashley52601
    ashley52601 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like both my single Bob and my double. Most people will tell you they like a locked front wheel for running but I personally don't. Both of my models can be fixed or swivel. Also, if you plan to use it for more general use, the option to have the swivel front wheel is essential in my opinion. In my area, you can find a ton of gently used BOB strollers on Craigslist.
  • lisaepell
    lisaepell Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I second the Bob strollers. We're on our second single and have a double as well.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i would third the ob strollers but one wasn't in the budget for me when we had our second child and I just bought a cheaper Graco and it works fine. for the few hundred miles I've put on it in the last 2 years. my only complaint with it is that its heavier than a better stroller.
  • rachelnettles
    rachelnettles Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have used the single Babytrend and loved it. I have a Bumbleride double and it has been great too. I prefer fixed wheel on both when running. Both maneuver well in malls, stores, etc.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Since the stroller is going on the registry, I decided to add the BOB Revolution Flex Lunar. It seems to be the most consistently recommended model. Way more than I probably need but oh well, it's supposed to be really good for both running and general use and if no one buys it on the registry I'll see if I can snag one used on my own dime.

I like the fact that the Lunar color is ultra reflective since a lot of my running is done right around sunrise and dusk. And the lockable front wheel, adjustable handle height, and center mounted brake handle supposedly make it really easy to deal with when out and about.