20lbs in 20 Weeks

Hi Folks
Just in the process of kick-starting my nutrition and eating habits. By way of motivation (apart from wanting to get into a new frock) I've decided I should be able to lose 20lbs in 20 weeks while still keeping up my fitness schedule which includes crossfit & a bit of running.

Anyone else fancy coming along for the ride??

Replies

• MommaDeQuatre
    MommaDeQuatre Posts: 16 Member
    I'm interested , I also have 20 lbs to lose but most will tell you it's only good to try and lose .5 lb a week. I say why not try right?
  • gildedivy
    gildedivy Posts: 4 Member
    Sure! Just started. Let's do this!
  • I've got way more than 20lb to lose but am tackling it a little at a time. Weighed myself this morning so all set to get tracking everything - I'm not a big fan of the scales but at least for the first couple of weeks think I'm going to weigh myself every day to see how my food intake affects my weight.
  • msnomar
    msnomar Posts: 16 Member
    Well I'm new, and this seems like perfect timing! I'd like to try to join in
  • welcome
  • msnomar
    Thank you! Best of luck!
  • right folks - it's been a whole week since I started this & I've managed to stay the same weight :-( I'm trying not to be too disheartened as this week was really about getting used to tracking everything & I've also been a bit lazy about sticking to my calorie limit.

To help me stick with this I've joined an online support/coaching group so we will see how that goes & hopefully I can start shifting some lbs

Hope you have all had more success than me?

I've had some NSVs too this week so again not to be too disheartened, I've run my fastest ever 5k - 39 mins 54 seconds which is not very fast by a lot of people's standards however I'm really chuffed as I'm carrying around 5 stone more than I should be!!
    I've also managed to increase some of my 1 rep max weights too so I think overall the week has been a success

• msnomar
    Had to look up NSV ;) congrats! I've had an opposite NSV, I guess? This is the first time I've ever purchased or owned a scale though, I've normally only taken measurements. Most measurements are stagnant, and a couple are slightly bigger, but the shiny new scale says I've lost 2 lbs last week, so there's progress somewhere! Not sure where it's coming out of though.
  • Jacksmama2017
    Jacksmama2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Is it too late for jumping in? I definitely need a group to support & connect with. I've been using myfitnesspal for a food diary since Sunday. Tonight=workout #1 in a very long time.
  • not too late at all welcome
  • msnomar
    edited August 2017
    I forgot to check in on Monday/Tuesday. I'm at 175.8 this week, 1.2 pounds less than last week.
    I've only been at this a month so far, and I've already noticed that I feel kind of stronger with my workouts. I'm still no Rowdy Rhonda, but for someone who hasn't attempted a push-up in 15 years, I'm pretty excited that I can do my knee push-ups without as much feeling-like-I'm-dying-ness :)
  • msnomar
    Well, I'm down 14 lbs. I was down 15, but gained one back this last week. My husband is out of town and keeping my routine is much more difficult at the moment.
    Anyhow, hope everyone else is having a successful and happy month!
  • carternoel4747
    carternoel4747 Posts: 25 Member
    I would like to join, but am reallly late
  • msnomar
    I don't see why you can't. I, personally, need to lose 50 total to get to a healthy BMI. But this first 20 will get me out of the clinically obese spectrum :smiley: