Zero motivation

Options
Hey all. I'm a stay at home mom. I want to lose 30-40 lbs. I can't afford the gym so I have to get creative around here. Also, we are a full of snacks and temptations. Help!!!!

Replies

• MatthewRuch
    MatthewRuch Posts: 165 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    You got this, start small, work up...slowly switch the snack from garbage snacks into healthier option. Make some friends here and you will have all the motivation you could possibly need!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Can you eliminate the snacks or replace them with healthier versions?
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm not a stay at home mom but I do live with a pantry full of goodies for my teen and my partner. I started buying snacks that they love but don't seem to tempt me. It's very rare that I steal one of their snacks because I don't really care them. Would this be an option for you?

Also - just go for a walk or do something fun with the kids for exercise!
  • Piperx222
    Piperx222 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I work from home a lot with my kids. Hard not to snack when literally the kitchen in RIGHT THERE :wink:

A couple things I do to stay away is always having healthy snacks like veggies already cut up and ready to grab. Anything that my husband or the boys like that is tempting to me goes in the back of the pantry out of my daily constant site or sometimes the 'special treat bin' - that's what the boys call it, which we keep in the basement pantry.

Not sure how old your kids are but we go for walks and do a lot of dance parties together to incorporate some activity into our day to day routine. Jog in place for 30-60 at a time whenever I'm heating something up in the microwave, lunges or squats while picking up toys and cheerios off the floor :)