I LOST 47lbs!!

Options
Hey everyone :) ! I've went through a lot in the past year to the point where I fell into depression & gained over 50lbs. It was dreadful for me. I was so desperate to lose weight & nothing seemed to work. If anything I would lose weight then either gain what I lost or gain even more weight. My friend recommended me to watch a documentary called "Food Choices" which is on netflix. & that's when I've realized so much about my diet. I was able to comprehend that what I've been doing to lose weight was not effective or permanent at all. I was introduced to the veganism lifestyle. At first, I was very skeptical of course. But then I did my own research & discovered so many health benefits towards being vegan. Since February of this year I have been vegan & lost weight rapidly without doing any hardcore exercises. I have not gained any weight ever since. Sometimes I would eat dairy & feel sick to my stomach.My body has adapted to my new diet very well. To be honest, I feel great! I have so much energy, my depression is gone, & my skin is glowing. There are so many alternatives for all the foods you eat. I was very open minded about this, & I'm glad I was. I just decided to share this , because I know that a lot of people are struggling with weight loss , & so far being vegan was very effective for me. I would get more in depth about being vegan but I'm currently working right now. Good luck to everyone with there weight loss journey!

Replies

• fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I have been trying to eat less meat and animal byproducts.
  • remoore23
    remoore23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is awesome! :)
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hi, many congratulations, that is a wonderful weight loss.
  • bronaghCPM
    bronaghCPM Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! that is an amazing weight loss. It's also great to hear as I've been vegan for the past month and I do think it's helped with my weight loss. I've been a vegetarian for 20 years, but never been able to make the leap before but it's going well this time and I'm down around 5kg. mfp is helping me ensure I don't just eat fries and spoonfuls of peanut butter.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!